Impossilbe for me to Connect with Linksys router

ha. ya ive tryed that too. i think its been off the whole time ive been trying everything else. hey lets make this a competition and see who can solve my problem first. not that thats possible...

Sytek if you have msn messenger id like to talk to you on that. plz

i called nintendo and the guy said its probaly the router that my internet goes into before my wireless router thats the problem. apparnelty the fact that i have to sign in to connect to the internet is what screws up the wii. it doesnt have a way of using this sign in info so its incompatible. is there a way i can directly connect my internet to the wireless router or something?

Maybe rather than going from the modem to the router to the computers and wii you could have it go from the modem to the computer to the router then to the other computers and wii. That way you could sign into the internet on your computer so you don't have to on the Wii.

do you have
BEFW11S4 V1.0 -- EtherFast® Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router w/4-Port Switch

BEFW11S4 V2.0 -- Wireless Access Point Router with 4-Port Switch

BEFW11S4 V3.0 -- Wireless Access Point Router with 4-Port Switch

BEFW11S4 V3.2 -- Wireless Access Point Router with 4-Port Switch

BEFW11S4 V4.0 -- Wireless-B Broadband Router

BEFW11S4-AT V2.0 -- EtherFast® Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router w/4-Port Switch

BEFW11S4-CA(FR) V2.0 -- Wireless Access Point Router with 4-Port Switch

or
BEFW11S4-CA(FR) V4.0 -- Wireless-B Broadband Router

yea pm me your msn addy, and ok, a few things you can do..

For one the reason your Wii isn't connecting is because your on a router, routers are setup so you cant, You can however through forwarding the ports the wii uses to connect to the internet, though I don't know the ports the Wii uses since they don't seem to make that clear anywhere that I've seen it atleast..

So since you don't know the specific port, you can try DMZ hosting, which would be under Applications & Gaming you just set that to your internal ip, you can find your internal IP by going to Start > Run > CMD > ipconfig your internal ip is under "IP Address" it should be something like 192.168.1.12 or something to that nature..

Anyway hope this helps if not I'll go out and buy the same model router as yours figure it out then return it :p

:: Bye what was said above is also a possible solution, provided you don't have one of those Router & Modem combos, you can just direct connect to your modem with a piece of Cat5.. But hey I think that model is a Combo so probally not..

Last edited:
As Sytek said, DMZ is a good way to find out if it is the router blocking it, or something else. DMZ will allow EVERYTHING through to the IP you enter. So, manually code in an IP for the Wii as you tried to do earlier, just pick an IP in the same area as your computer. So if said 192.168.1.100 was in use, try 192.168.1.109, same subnet of 255.255.255.0, and same gateway of 192.168.1.1. DNS you'll have to copy from what the router says it is under the "status" page.

Now, on the router, goto "applications and gaming" click on "dmz" and type in the IP you gave the Wii, like 192.168.1.109 and click enable, then Save.

Try having the wii connect again.

Yea and If all else fails a new modem/router combo (or just router if you have seperate) If you do get a new router try a D-Link, I've always been fairly impressed with D-Links performance it's a Great router..

and for the combo that new linksys with the flip antenna looks pretty sweet :D

1. ditch the linksys and get a belkin or netgear router. Linksys are nothing but trouble. I'm a computer techie and have never come across a decent linksys router.

2. do not disable your firewall. Instead try opening up the ports that the wii uses so that it can get through the firewall. Idon't know what these ports are tho.

ok punkman i have a BEFW11S4 V4.0 and thanks for all the suggestions guys. ill try em out now

neutron2k said:
1. ditch the linksys and get a belkin or netgear router. Linksys are nothing but trouble. I'm a computer techie and have never come across a decent linksys router.

2. do not disable your firewall. Instead try opening up the ports that the wii uses so that it can get through the firewall. Idon't know what these ports are tho.

I'm exactly the opposite, I always use linksys products and never have issues with any of them. D-link I hate, I've had several switches develop bad ports over the years. Belkin it hit/miss, some products are great, others trash.
Netgear I haven't used in years so I can't comment.

for #2, opening everything up is good for seeing if it is a port issue, he can then start closing it back after. I don't believe anyone knows all the ports/protocols the Wii uses right now.

My 'problem' ... solved

I just upgraded to a Linksys WRT300N and was either not able to connect or got connected and then dropped off...
Found out that I needed to change the Radio Band from the default of Wide-40MGHz channel to Standard-20MGHz channel.
After making that change, everyone (including Wii) is very happy.
Thought I throw that into the mix for anyone have problems.

Back