Improvements and thoughts on the Wii

tunaonrice

T U N A
Aug 3, 2007
Wii Online Code
3749-9360-9397-4189
I've had my wii for a 2 weeks now. And i know i'm a newbie but i play my wii everyday. I would like to point and to hear from others as well, about faults in the wii and imporvements that can be made. (No talking about games, i'm talking about the interface and workings of the system)

I really like the fact that wii doesnt make us pay to use their online service, Kudos for that Nintendo.
But I think that the 16 number system is a bit arcahic, and needs to be changed so we can use codenames and nicknames.

Also the points system is fun but not practical.
And more channels should have come out by now, i'm not going to pay 5 bucks for a internet channel that is less than useful. This goes the same for the VC games, the value of these games are not worth 5 dollars, reduce the price!

Anymore suggestions?

Not all the games are $5 or £3 in the UK!! some are cheaper depending on what ones you want! To be hinest you can buy them on the GC but not to have to change the discs all the time is pricesless for me!

Would be better if you can just receive e-mails on it... fed up with all this add me and ill add you stuff!

More channels will come... will be good to have a demo channel and also to make more games with online capabilities (as i said this will come in time)

Thi internet channel is not pointless... has got some great advantages to it such as java games (good for people like you who don;t want to spend money on VC games) and not to mention Finetune!!

I'm not saying the internet channel is pointless, but it leaves something to be desired. I could just go to my computer next to it and use the internet browser for free.

Games dont have to cost that much. I can go buy Even better games at gamestop for less than the 5 to 3$ charge.

true but as I said... not having t keep changing discs.. personally I prefer to pay a bit for that luxury!

It does leave stuff to be desired... that is what keeps us excited about it! absence makes the heart grow fonder!! lmao!

The internet channel doesn't really interest me, thats what I have a pc for! Same reason I'm not bothered about the lack of DVD drive.

I'd like to see a demo channel though, that would be good.

I'd like to see a games achievement system introduced though.

I wish the Wii supported a higher resolution for the internet channel. I really don't use it unless my girlfriend is over (she's a Nintendo nerd too) and we want to watch the Legend of Link on google videos on a bigger screen. (BTW, if you haven't seen the Legend of Link you haven't lived). But honestly, I'm not complaining about the internet channel. I bought my Wii before the end of June so I got the channel for free.

To the OP:
I've posted a few ideas (or "pitches") on this forum and the members here seem to like them, you may want to search for those threads to see what I've come up with.

Yeah I got it for free too!! ha ha ha! Can you watch tvlinks.com on yours? I am having trouble and just get a blank screen!

tunaonrice said:
I'm not saying the internet channel is pointless, but it leaves something to be desired. I could just go to my computer next to it and use the internet browser for free.

Games dont have to cost that much. I can go buy Even better games at gamestop for less than the 5 to 3$ charge.
Yeah but the games they're putting up are pretty much classics and not that easy to find. You just might not like the classics, but I don't see what they would lower it too. It's fine where it is.

Definatly more channels like basically everyone wants (Demo, media, etc). A DVD player would be nice. (Don't tell me "Why do you want that, you can just buy one for 15 bucks" or w/e. It'd just be a nice feature I think. *shrugs*)

IMO, They could undercut Micro$oft by giving away a free download able game every couple of months /shrug (Wii is supposed to aim toward family friendly $$$). More online games would rock even adding an online CCG (Card collecting Game) which can be played over the net would kill.

Back