Improving on MP3 control scheme

austinAlan

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2007
I would like the following tweaks:
(I use advanced settings)

1) I like the lock on and circle strafing but I would like to be able to chose the center of my circle strafe with the pointer as well as on an enemy.

2) So far in the game the only way to move faster than normal is to ball up. I want a run feature

3) I think all these FPS games need a 180 quick move.

4) Have you noticed that except for some gimmicks like pulling levers the motion controls are only used (so far) for the grappling hook. How about using the wiimote motion in conjunction with a button like the jump button to do a side-dive, front-dive and back flip? If the wiimote is to quirky to be used comfortably for such things then it's really the pointer that is the revolution and not the accelerometers.

1) Not a bad idea, not sure I would like it, but not a bad idea.

2) Agreed, some speed would be handy, but it's not necessary.

3) Why?

4) I think more gesture based controls in a game like this would be cumbersome and unnecessary. The pointer is motion control at it's finest and surpasses any other control scheme on any system, including PC.

ElronMac said:
1) Not a bad idea, not sure I would like it, but not a bad idea.

2) Agreed, some speed would be handy, but it's not necessary.

3) Why?

4) I think more gesture based controls in a game like this would be cumbersome and unnecessary. The pointer is motion control at it's finest and surpasses any other control scheme on any system, including PC.

It absolutely surpasses the PC in terms of comfort but I bet I could still beat the wii me playing against the PC me. HOWEVER I think that eventually the wii me with the right control configuration will beat the PC me.

The 180 is necessary because a real person can very quickly turn their head to 180 even when the body isn't quite there yet but in the games a 180 takes as long as the body. So the 180 should be implemented with an aim lag due the the fact that the weapon wouldn't be as fast as the head turn.

Thanks for the response.

Back