IMPROVMENTS. What the Wii needs to do to be better and or even the best ever!

Jsheehan1942

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2007
I really like the Nintendo and but thinking in the future, (2 years?) I dont think it will survive with its technology or features it has right now.

What they ABSOLUTELY need to do eventually.

1. Release a new Wii console version to have better graphics and be HDTV capable. Just with that the Wii would be the best ever.

2. Make the numchuck wirelesss so the wire doesnt fling around and also make the numchuck as strong as the wii mote in terms of sensitivety and responsivnes, so that it won't be unblanced like it was in games like Call of Duty.

3. Make the Wii mote and Numchuck rechargable using usb ports or a docking bay, so we dont have to always change our batteries.

4. Make the Wii's DVD player able to work and a new channel for movies similiar to xbox 360's just better and improved.

5. Make it so portable hardrives work on the Wii via the USB ports. Also have another SD slot.

6. Make the speaker on the Wii mote's speaker way better in quality because the one right now feels cheap.

7. Make online gameplay very easy to use (ex. xbox live) meaing no friend codes or any of this stuff. Just make it simple and also have a wireless headset for talking.

8. Have an ithernet input for the wii so people without wireless internet can still have all the online capablities.

9. Different Color Wii's! and also skins for it and the remotes.

Some things that would be nice (things that arent absolutely needed)

1. Add another buttom to the wii mote right under the A button.

2. Make the controllers more responsive and timed.

3. Have a media center channel for all the music, movies, and photos.

4. Make the Wii mote have a better grip, like using a rubber back for example.

5. Make it so the wii mote is like a protable memory card so u can transfer files to your friedns if you hav no internet or sd cards.

6. Make Gamecube memory cards work on the wii for game saves and other things.

FINALLY noomore stupid ports!!

WAT DO U THINK? AND PUT WAT U THINK THEY NEED TO DO

Last edited:
Jsheehan1942 said:
I really like the Nintendo and but thinking in the future, (2 years?) I dont think it will survive with its technology or features it has right now.

What they ABSOLUTELY need to do eventually.

1. Release a new Wii console version to have better graphics and be HDTV capable. Just with that the Wii would be the best ever.

2. Make the numchuck wirelesss so the wire doesnt fling around and also make the numchuck as strong as the wii mote in terms of sensitivety and responsivnes, so that it won't be unblanced like it was in games like Call of Duty.

3. Make the Wii mote and Numchuck rechargable using usb ports or a docking bay, so we dont have to always change our batteries.

4. Make the Wii's DVD player able to work and a new channel for movies similiar to xbox 360's just better and improved.

5. Make it so portable hardrives work on the Wii via the USB ports. Also have another SD slot.

6. Make the speaker on the Wii mote's speaker way better in quality because the one right now feels cheap.

7. Make online gameplay very easy to use (ex. xbox live) meaing no friend codes or any of this stuff. Just make it simple and also have a wireless headset for talking.

8. Have an ithernet input for the wii so people without wireless internet can still have all the online capablities.

9. Different Color Wii's! and also skins for it and the remotes.

Some things that would be nice (things that arent absolutely needed)

1. Add another buttom to the wii mote right under the A button.

2. Make the controllers more responsive and timed.

3. Have a media center channel for all the music, movies, and photos.

4. Make the Wii mote have a better grip, like using a rubber back for example.

5. Make it so the wii mote is like a protable memory card so u can transfer files to your friedns if you hav no internet or sd cards.

6. Make Gamecube memory cards work on the wii for game saves and other things.

FINALLY BETTER GAMES AND nomore stupid ports

well the top things r in the makings i have read. Online play we cant really say anything about b/c its not out yet and better games? there coming, mario party 8, ssbb, SMg, Madden 08 ( 07 is awsome), mario strikers charged. and more.... but some of the stuff i can picture happening

I think a revision in 2 years would be neccesary if the wii fails. But from what im seeing right now, the wii shouldnt release a newer version. I also agree that we cant quite judge online yet..but if the wii does fail, maybe nintendo should consider that...

Your idea about the wireless nunchuck is deffinately going to happen, a new wiimote(not with a new button) is likely..

Well you can't expect it to be perfect. Especially when it is the cheapest console and is only $250. Alot of the stuff you said is unneccisary and probably won't happen.
1. Won't happen.
2. The wireless part will probably happen but not the more sensitive part.
3. Could happen but isn't needed since you can get rechargable batteries.
4. Could happen but is unneccisary.
5. Probably won't happen.
6. Could be done by a third party but probably not.
7. It will never match Live.
8. Can be done with adapter.
9. Will eventually happen.

well, enjoy it now. you have a bunch of great games coming out this year. Enjoy them. Dont worry about a few years, enjoy your wii. In a couple of years, ill be in the middle of college, so i enjoy my wii know, in college who knows if i will have time to play it.

i think it will do just fine in two years, we have yet to see the full capabilities of the wii thus far. We are still in the beginning stages, and i know Nintendo sees the flaws and plan on making gaming a much better experince for us to stay ahead.

Hopefully future updates will make gaming more appealing to others who arent satisfied. Im sure Nintendo listens to what we have to say and they are willing to keep gaming #1 for the wii

1. I don't understand why so many people have such a boner over HD graphics. We haven't even seen what the Wii is capable of yet and honestly, I find the graphics of even Zelda TP to be just perfect...and it was originally designed for the Gamecube.

5. What's the point of that much storage without some feature that could use it?

6. I agree

8. No. If you have broadband then just get a wireless router, it's the better/smarter deal. If you just have dialup, get the wifi adapter thingy.

1. I totally agree that this needs to happen by the time the next generation of systems rolls around (Not in 2 but 5-6 years). Nintendo was smart this time and did something unique which made up for the less than stellar graphics when compared to Playstation and 360. However we all know that this isn't going to cut it next time. I like graphics. I'm sorry but I do. I also love great gameplay and great concepts when it comes to games so thats why I'm a Nintendo Fanboy. However if Nintendo wants to keep me then they need to step up to the plate and create excellent graphics on their games.

2. Not necessary and a waste of money. I don't mind the cord at all. Its hardly even noticable!

3. Thats a possiblity but I prob would just stick to rechargeable batteries instead of paying a higher energy bill.

4. Once again I agree completely. Should be able to watch HD and reg DVD.

5. Not needed at all. What for? Starting to go into PS territory.

6. Good suggestion but I still don't use the speaker too much so it doesn't matter to me really.

7. Thats a given but we can't judge since we haven't seen the upcoming Online Play system.

8. Did you mean Ethernet? If so then yeah. But you can use the Wii Lan Adapter as well can't you? That is if ur router or modem has enough ports for 2 ethernet cords.

9. Options are never a bad thing atlhough I love my shiny white Wii!

As for the other suggestions I like the Media Channel idea and a better grip for the Wiimote. However the Wiimote should not have an extra button, be some type of memory thing, and using GC cards on the Wii is ghetto.

MasterJedi2U said:
1. I totally agree that this needs to happen by the time the next generation of systems rolls around (Not in 2 but 5-6 years). Nintendo was smart this time and did something unique which made up for the less than stellar graphics when compared to Playstation and 360. However we all know that this isn't going to cut it next time. I like graphics. I'm sorry but I do. I also love great gameplay and great concepts when it comes to games so thats why I'm a Nintendo Fanboy. However if Nintendo wants to keep me then they need to step up to the plate and create excellent graphics on their games.

4. Once again I agree completely. Should be able to watch HD and reg DVD.

You're contradicting yourself here, do you want HD or not? I don't want the Wii to do HD or DVD if it keeps the cost down where it is. There are other devices that can be designed to be a better fit as a DVD player.

HD is a waste it cost to much to make the games it cost to much to have a tv to play the games and it makes the system cost to much. Nintendo was smart focusing on gameplay and not graphics. I have been playing games since the NES and i can tell you that the games on my SNES are still more fun than most of my games for my newer consoles. but with the wii i may be changing my tune because all of the games i have now are great. so i dont see what the big deal is about HD, game play is where its at.

they make super smash, mario party 9 amoungst a handfull of other games good with excellent online capabilities i will be more than happy enough.

Back