included scart converter

lostzen

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
london, uk
Wii Online Code
1220-3889-6609-2711
hello, i plugged in my wii last night, and noticed that all the colours were off... i have no idea how this happened. I'm using the supplied scart converter, have not had any problems until now. The scart on the tv seems fine, as dvd's play perfectly.

has anyone else experienced this?

Wait wait wait. So you say when you turn your Wii on. The colors don't show up? And you modded your Wii to play dvd's???? Atleast that's how I'm getting it. Have you left your Wii on for an extreme amount of time?

lostzen said:
hello, i plugged in my wii last night, and noticed that all the colours were off... i have no idea how this happened. I'm using the supplied scart converter, have not had any problems until now. The scart on the tv seems fine, as dvd's play perfectly.

has anyone else experienced this?

is the scart adaptor pushed into the scart socket fully?

i know from experience that if the scart connector is slightly out
at an angle, you sometimes get a picture where one of the primary
RGB colours takes precendence.

because you're using the adaptor, all you're getting is a composite
picture which merges all of the RGB through one channel (the yellow
phono jack).

just check the adaptor and all leads are firmly seated.

sorry, i meant it seems as if only certain colours are showing up, the scart is fully connected, tried moving it around, no luck. it's not a modded wii, i have left it on for awhile, but it was in stand by mode, would leaving it on really cause this kind of colour distortion??

Well, over time you can practically trash your t.v.'s screen from leaving a still picture on it. But I have never seen it happen. As for the scart, have no idea what that is...so I can't help you there.

I tried...call Ninty

maybe you can check the settings on you television because this kind of things happened before to me on my PS2 or if can't do by the tv settings try to connect it to other tv

Back