Info using wii mote with pc

RyanSmall

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2007
hey i know a lot of people are asking about this stuff but i still cant find the answers i looking so i appologise if these quesrtions have already been answered. If theres a tutorial that answers all these quesitons step by step on how to use a wii mote then please just give me a link to that.

1) i heard you need something called a bluetooth accesory or something. so is this just a thing that hangs off your usb port or are there also internal parts you need for your pc. how much would this stuff cost?

2) since you have these bluetooth stuff do you still a wii for the hardware it has built in or is a wii not neccesary?

3) If i set up a wii mote to use on my pc will i still be able to use it with my wii?

4) Is there any simple software i can get that wont require expert computer skills? Ive looked into BlueSolei and GlovePIE and they seem easy enough. But will they be compaatible with any Bluetooth "dongle"(is that right?) i buy?

thank you very much

Last edited:
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...p?t=8607&sid=6f82898be5cf9bd8e8dc9a35f7966858

1) You need bluetooth on your pc. Its either onboard or you can get a USB version. It will cost around £6 - £20

2) You only need bluetooth on your pc and a wiimote

3) Yes, you will have to synchronise it with whichever you want to use

4) They should be compatible, you may have issues with different stacks, WIDCOMM, MS, but hopefully it will be ok

Last edited:
1) i heard you need something called a bluetooth accesory or something. so is this just a thing that hangs off your usb port or are there also internal parts you need for your pc. how much would this stuff cost?

its like a usb stick i got mine for £8 dunno how much that is in dollars.

2) since you have these bluetooth stuff do you still a wii for the hardware it has built in or is a wii not neccesary?

you just need a wiimote

3) If i set up a wii mote to use on my pc will i still be able to use it with my wii?

yep just resync the wii mote

4) Is there any simple software i can get that wont require expert computer skills? Ive looked into BlueSolei and GlovePIE and they seem easy enough. But will they be compaatible with any Bluetooth "dongle"(is that right?) i buy?
thank you very much

the programs are really easy to use and are universal, the glove pie program has lots of scripts built in

the only problem is that you need to use an emulator and roms to play n64 games (which is kinda illegal)

if you pm me i will show you excactly what to do if you decide to buy one

ok cool. thanks alot guys. and ya ive had progject 64 before so i know how to use that but i mainly want it for pc games.
thanks again!

You can also use a wi-fi connection, i got dial up and i can still connect without a problem. It takes a little while but its worth it.

If you have a nice PC, you can download scripts for Half-Life 2 that'll let you use the Wiimote.

ya i found a few scripts around for games and one where you can use your mote like a mouse. ill have to try them out if i acually buy an adapter which i cant seem to find for less than $50ish CAN.

Back