Inserting a disc

slurba

WiiChat Member
Aug 20, 2006
Wii Online Code
3890-0148-4172-8586
Well, I was thinking about when I get my Wii what I'll do, and I of course thought to insert the disc. Then it hit me - which way do you insert it?

Do you insert the part that is read facing the buttons, or away from them? Or does it even matter what way you put it in...?:confused:

I know its not really an interesting question, but what else do I have to do.:drool:

Great question, and im pretty sure you insert the disk facing away from the buttons. I wonder what happens if you insert a disk backwards?

Hopefully I'm not stupid and forget what you said then like break my Wii/CD.

Hmmm... or I guess you could always just face the Wii sideways and insert it sort of like the any other console just with no disc tray.

even if you put this disc in backwards it wont break, the most it will do is give a disc read error, just like if you put a disc in your cd drive upside down, go ahead and try it, it acts as if no disc or an invalid disc is inserted, the wii will most likely spin it for a second then pop it back out or goto a please insert valid disc menu.

it would be cool if a company made it so that if you put the disc in the wrong way, you would unlock something or play a secret level :D

not happening, anyways yah i want to have my Wii sideways anyways so i wont be having problems like this, but i was thinking this too

AsianSmith said:
IDK but I'm sure there'll be instructions about this in the user's manual for the Wii.

of course there will be....but who reads the manual :)lol: fairly odd parents)

LOL think of which way is up if you don't have a stand thats the way it faces. Also yes it will spit it out ever use a car cd player? yeh its the same technology

man wii is so smart using the self-insert or wahtever you call it, i mean! who hasnt feared stepping on and breaking the CD tray on your system, all though nitnendos arent built that way, but still i just hope PS3 dosent have a new "completely original innovative idea" like a past one...

Hers My Theory... You Know How You Can Set The Wii SIdeways? Yeah The SD Card Slot Hatch Cant Open If The Hatch Is On The Bottom Area While The Wii Is Setting Sidways...

So The SD Card Hatch Has To Be An The Higher Section... SO Flip The Wii Over And You Can Open It!

So In Othe Words... I Think The Printed Side Of The Disc SHould Be Facing The SD Card Slot... Cause You WOuldn't Put In A Disc Upside-Down...

*whew*
It's A Little Complicated...

But DO You Guys Understand It? :tard:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Hers My Theory... You Know How You Can Set The Wii SIdeways? Yeah The SD Card Slot Hatch Cant Open If The Hatch Is On The Bottom Area While The Wii Is Setting Sidways...

So The SD Card Hatch Has To Be An The Higher Section... SO Flip The Wii Over And You Can Open It!

So In Othe Words... I Think The Printed Side Of The Disc SHould Be Facing The SD Card Slot... Cause You WOuldn't Put In A Disc Upside-Down...

*whew*
It's A Little Complicated...

But DO You Guys Understand It? :tard:

I feel sorry for your shift key - sort it out!

one more question, how about the Gamecube discs? they are a lot smaller than the regular Wii discs and the disc slot so won't the GC disc just gonna roll around and get stuck? :tard:

Back