Intec's "Retro" Wii Controller.

kitsune_B

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2007
I saw this on Ebay, looks like a Classic Controller clone but the D-Pad looks more like the thicker one from the ol' SNES. Thought about maybe getting one since the OEM flat CC is impossible to find in any stores now since the Pro replaced it. Wondering if anyone else has bought one of these and what they think of it.

Intec_Retro.png

Yeah, sorry but no brand marking at all makes me a little bit apprehensive...

Why don't I just get Pro? I did get a Pro immediately after hearing they were out in the U.S. I got it at Best Buy, but when I got it home the D-Pad was loose and moved around, the sticks were weak with not much resistance and wobbling tops. I went through 4 exchanges at both Best Buy then Gamestop and they all were like this... My old flat Classic doesn't have these defects. The DPad is stiff ad stays where it's supposed to and the Analog Sticks are tight and don't wobble. The reason I was looking at the Intec is because a friend said that they were as good as the offical flatty and had a thicker D-Pad similar to that of the SNES pad.

^ I don't like the PSX-PS3 "seperated arrows" dpad design. I prefer a full cross like on SNES and Wii Classic. Anywho, to update I got two of the so-called Intec's from a seller on Ebay for $6 (they said Kingline on them, so I assumed it was an offshoot of Intec). Turns out they're made by Shenzhen Kingline which is a major bootlegger of anything popular. They suck big time, but that's what I get for thinking anything unofficial could be good... *sigh* Still can't find any original flatties in any stores, and 90% of everything on Ebay is also usually inferior bootlegs.

Last edited:
I wonder if that would mean -my- Target here in PDX still carries the flatty. I remember for a while Sears still had the ones in the clear packaging, I liked that package best as I could actually look in and see if the D-Pad was crooked or straight (straight would mean the rubber was nice and stiff and it wouldn't move around) I hadn't thought to pick one up and then a few days passed and they were all gone and Pro took its place...

NO if it says find at target with square maroon button otherwise its online only. But just order online at least you know target doesn't sell knockoffs.

Back