Interesting passages from the Wii manual

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
As im sure you've already seen, a large number of the main gaming sites have had their Wii review consoles sent to them this weekend.

A lot of new information is surfacing, and below you'll find a nice little compiled list of some previously unkown features taken straight from the Wii manual.

* "Up to 100 Miis can stay in your Mii Plaza." (pg. 11)

* "The Photo Channel can display a maximum of approximately 1,000 photos. If your SD card has more than 1,000 photos, remove the card from the Wii console and remove or reorganize your photos in your camera, cell phone or computer." (pg. 15)

* "You can not save or overwrite photos or videos on the SD card." (pg. 20)

* "Any of the options in Fun! mode [doodles, etc. -Ed.] can be applied to individual frames of a video." (pg. 21)

* The photo channel supports JPGs of up to 8192x8192 resolution and QuickTime files of up to 848x480. (pg. 22)

* MP3 audio is listed under supported formats. After quite a bit of searching, we figured out how this feature works, but we didn't like what we found (more later.)

* "NOTE: Your use of the Wii Shop Channel is subject to your acceptance of the Wii Users Agreement, the Wii Privacy Policy and the Wii Code of Conduct. Copies of the most updated versions of these agreements may be found at support.nintendo.com. [not yet - Ed.]" (pg. 24)

* "NOTE: Some Virtual Console games can only be played with a Classic Controller. (sold separately) [this seems to contradict previous confirmation that Gamecube controllers would work on all Virtual Console games -Ed.]" (pg. 25)

* "Software downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel is licensed to you, not sold" (pg. 25)

* "NOTE: The calendar displays dates from January 2000 to December 2035." (pg. 31)

* "NOTE: You will not be able to send photos from your Wii console to the PC/cell phone user." (pg. 36)

* "NOTE: The Wii console uses a 24 hour clock. For example, 1:00 pm is displayed as 13:00 pm" (pg. 42)

* The parental control features "does NOT control access to Nintendo GameCube games" (pg. 46)

* "If you use the messaging features of the Wii console, you need to understand that Nintendo may monitor your use and share certain information (i) as required by law, (ii) where necessary to protect the company, its customers or its employees, (iii) as necessary to provide the services. [Big Brother is watching -Ed.]" (pg. 47)

* "NOTE: The initial recommended distance for using the Wii Remote Pointer is 3 to 8 feet from the sensor bar ... Also note that the influence of direct sunlight and various light sources can make the Pointer operation less optimal. [Oh really... -Ed.]" (pg. 50)

* By formatting the Wii Shop Channel from the Wii's system menu, you clear all "records of your transactions and rights to download software." (pg. 61)

* "NOTE: You should format your Wii Shop Channel data first, then your Wii System Memory, prior to selling or otherwise transferring your Wii console to any third party." (pg. 61)

* "NOTE: Adjusting the speaker and Rumble settings will affect all Wii remotes currently connected to the Wii console. [I hope everyone likes the same settings. -Ed.]" (pg. 63)

* "NOTE: Adjusting the speaker and Rumble settings will affect all Wii remotes currently connected to the Wii console. [I hope everyone likes the same settings. -Ed.]" (pg. 63)

ugh! It'll be a hassle when you play with friends who haven't played the Wii before.

COLDshiver said:
ugh! It'll be a hassle when you play with friends who haven't played the Wii before.

haha, not really just dont tell them they have any options! lol

Wiired said:
Props for this, read it all, Coulda sworn you could have more then that many Mii's, not that I'll wanna make more then a 100 but still :)

I also Thought you would be able to have more then 100 mii's. are you sure you cant not that i want more i will probably only have 5 or so o and how many miis can you put on your wii-mote?

I didn't like a lot of that stuff, but it makes sense. 100 Mii's is enough for me. It's probably 99 to many

man! all of this new wii info is gettin me all hyped up! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Some of these are really stupid. Licensed the games? Classic control on some games?

Back