Interesting Quote

Twilight Hero

Banned
May 25, 2007
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief”

-Gerry Spence

Pretty interesting, huh? This guy sounds atheist. Even though he would rather an opened mind, he seems pretty closed-minded to me. ;]

I don't know.

Well, because he seems like he doesn't wanna know about anything if he doesn't agree with it.

Everything's gonna be alright, Gikoku... no need to freak out.

Well hold on Scott, maybe he knows more about him than just this quote.

Umm... yeah..

Not sure how you can find a quote like that closed-minded. Saying that it is for no particular reason is pretty closed-minded if you ask me.

Well hold on Scott, maybe he knows more about him than just this quote.

Doesn't look like it. Doesn't look like he understands Gerry's quote either.

One would be close-minded if they only limited themselves to their beliefs, failing to wonder outside of their beliefs.

Take for example.. a guy who believes there is a God and wouldn't dare to think there wasn't. Then you have a guy who believes there is a God, but also isn't afraid to wonder if there really isn't.

Twilight Hero seems to be making guesses about Gerry.

And if he thinks "beliefs" makes one close-minded, then I consider him close-minded. Got it? Maybe that was too hard for you to comprehend.

I sense an argument in the force. Lets not get this thread closed shall we?

And if he thinks "beliefs" makes one close-minded, then I consider him close-minded. Got it? Maybe that was too hard for you to comprehend.

*sighs*.. oh boy.

Limiting oneself to a set of beliefs and refusing to wonder beyond/outside of them, makes one closed minded. That is what he was getting at, you're taking his quote out of context. Everyone has beliefs.

You do not know what he was getting at because that quote can have many different meanings. Now you are being close-minded. LOL

You do not know what he was getting at because that quote can have many different meanings. Now you are being close-minded. LOL

Only if one was an idiot, then he's left struggling with what he thinks it could mean, confused between multiple end points. You are clearly too narrow minded to understand what he was getting at.

“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief”

-Gerry Spence

Pretty interesting, huh? This guy sounds atheist. Even though he would rather an opened mind, he seems pretty closed-minded to me. ;]

The theory of evolution?
Nah, God did it.

The Big Bang theory?
Nah, God did it.

The Earth not being the centre of the universe?
God says no.

Sex without marriage?
God says no!

Homosexuality?
GOD SAYS NO.

Bastard children?
God says hell to the no.

I think this is what he's talking about.

Back