interesting thought.... or noob thought?

tborg0

Future Wii Obsessor
Oct 23, 2006
I was wondering. My friend :tard: said that since Wii uses a AC Adapter its unsafe to leave it plugged in. He says it will overheat and stop working. He said the GameCube adapter is the same way. This isnt the thing that bugs me too much. I dont mind unplugging it. But i was wondering that if u have to unplug it, how will you stay connected24 without power. and to receive the updates.? Or is my friend wrong (or crazy):eek:ut:

thevarsmolta said:
Umm, what? Since when are you supposed to unplug things that use A/C adapters?

Most things use ac adapters these days, phones, computer speakers, video game systems, shavers, etc.

The Wii uses hardly any power, and for the 24connect uses even less power when in Standby. I hardly think it or an adaptor would overheat. As for PS3 or 360... Im kidding.. of course they overheat ;)

Do you unplug your television when it's not in use? It has an ac adapter, it's built in. Same with virtually all of your home entertainment equiment. The Wii's power adapter is external for several reasons.

1. Reduces internal heat.
2. Reduces product size.
3. Easier to make it internationally universal, due to the need to only change the shipped ac adapter, not an internal part.

Your friend ( :eek:ut: ) probably has a father who hates the electric company. If you leave the Wii plugged in, it will consume electricity, but how much, well, not much at all.

So leave all of your stuff (with the exception of the iron) plugged in. You'll be fine. And if you still have a question about the safety of leaving things plugged in, follow Nerofog2005's advise and consult your owners manual.

Back