Interesting Wii news

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Final Fantasy XI Producer Hiromichi Tanaka presented a keynote about future Square-Enix Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games at the Game Developers Conference in Austin, Texas today. Tanaka stated that the Wii is not a platform being considered for MMOs at this time.

"As for Nintendo Wii, it will be pretty difficult if you were to cross-platform for a couple reasons," Tanaka responded when asked about the possibility of a cross-platform MMO appearing on the console. "One is that Nintendo's currently not allowing different cross-platform titles, and as you know, the resolution differences make it harder for us to make cross-platform games. Currently we're not looking at Nintendo Wii as a platform."

Tanaka did state that an MMO on Wii is technically possible so long as the console receives a hard drive attachment. Nintendo has made no statements about producing such a device for Wii.

The only true MMO to appear on a Nintendo platform thus far is the GameCube title Homeland. The game was created by developer Chunsoft and saw a limited release in Japan back in March 2005. The other server-based online RPGs for GameCube allowed up to four players in the Phantasy Star Online franchise, costing approximately 10 USD per month for a Hunter's License.

source: thewiire.com

Bummer... Won't be seeing any major Final Fantasy on the Wii, only spinoffs. MMo's will make their way to the Wii, slowly but surely. I can feel it in my toes!:lol:

JT. said:
Bummer... Won't be seeing any major Final Fantasy on the Wii, only spinoffs. MMo's will make their way to the Wii, slowly but surely. I can feel it in my toes!:lol:

there's been 12.5 final fantasys....and only 1 of them was an mmo

but i doubt that we will get them

ninty-crystal chronicles, which is hopefully a pretty good spinoff, i've heard decent thigns and the trailer looks sweet

I am a massive FF fan, so anything by Square Enix is pretty much fine by me. :lol:
Anyway, thanks for the info.

Meh.

I played FF:XI and the first two expansions and I can say with certainty that whatever MMOs Squenix is peddling, I aint buying. And after the abortions that are FFX-2, and FFXII, I'm about one more awful game away from writing off the entire franchise. :prrr:

Back