Internet access on Wii

paulfoel

WiiChat Member
Nov 8, 2007
Am I right in saying that if you want to use the internet browser on the Wii you have to pay for it with Wii points?

I actually got my internet channel for free. I downloaded the trial version for free a while ago, and I can update it somehow no extra charges.

But I think right now, you would have to pay with points, yes.

manufan15 said:
I actually got my internet channel for free. I downloaded the trial version for free a while ago, and I can update it somehow no extra charges.

When it was initially release, it was a beta version and was free. Then they released the final version and it was still free for a couple months (regardless of whether you ever downloaded the beta or not). After the free period ended, the price was set to 500 points. If you still have the original beta, you've missed your chance for the free final version.

The wii internet browser was promised by Ninty to be ready by launch on December 06. However, they failed to deliver.

Therefore, they gave it out to people who already had Wii's and everybody could download it for free until June 07. After this, anyone new who wanted to download it would have to buy it with Wii points. People with a pre-existing version would not be charged

Yeah, they sorta rewarded the earlier buyers with the free internet browser... But I still had to buy a Wi-Fi adapter for Strikers, for some reason...

Back