Internet and Wi-Fi usb connector

alanglois1

WiiChat Member
Sep 12, 2007
I have a Wi-Fi USB Connector and every time I download the software and then later shut off my computer it messes up my internet. what should i do?

Help required please

hi , i have a NINTENDO WII and have just bought a Datel WiFi MAX adapter to try and link it to my PC. I have loaded software no problem but when i plug the adapter ( in its cradle ) into the usb socket ( on a 7 port hub ) it finds it ok but the icon in the bottom right of taskbar has an exclamation mark on it and it says signal strength -no signal and status as limited or no connectivity .Do i have to change any settings in the WIFI MAX software on the desktop or does this have to be running for the adapter to work . Have tried messing about with it but ended up losing all internet access and had to do system restore to get it back . Please help if you have purchased one of these adapters and got it to work !!!! :yikes: :yikes:

alanglois1 said:
I have a Wi-Fi USB Connector and every time I download the software and then later shut off my computer it messes up my internet. what should i do?

The same thing happened to me last night after I set mine up for the first time.

What I had to do was re-open the Nintendo Wii WiFi Registration Program - the program where you either Allow or Deny the Wii to connect to your PC.

Note: when you set it up the first time, you had to "ALLOW" the Wii to connect up with your PC, right?

Well, after you turn off your Wii, and you want to use your PC to go on the Internet, I found that you have to go back in and reset the Wii so it is now DENY.

Sounds strange, but it worked for me.

When it was still ALLOW - and nothing was there because my Wii was turned off, I couldn't get on the internet - my modem/network kept kicking me off because it said it was already in use. So by changing the setting to DENY, it knew nobody else was using it, so I could then use the internet without any problems.

See if it works and let me know.

Good Luck!

Ken

Back