Internet Chanel

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2008
I finally got only. Bought 10 dollars of points from the console. Bought 1 classic game and 1 internet channel. Got the wired usb ethernet adapter from Bestbuy for 25 dollars. Worked like a charm. Now I'm online. But when I goto say yahoo it is cutoff. If I go to say yahoo it says Yahoo and the address bar but above that its cutoff. Left and right also cutoff. No scroll bar to go up and down.

mitsubishi ws-65315 bought in 2005 I think. 65 inch hi-def. Baught component cable for target for 10 dollars. Not using rca. Not sure why. It says in settings 16.9 wide screen for 4.9. The TV is pretty wide. So not sure what's
going on.

Use the plus and minus buttons to zoom in and out. Hold B and move the pointer to scroll around the screen. Other controls are in the instructions for the internet channel.

Cool but not exactly. If I goto my site. I know the top links may be hard to see. But it says Home, News, Links, Forums.

http://www.chicagoautismsociety.com/index.html

But on my wii it says Home, News. No links, or forums. Even if use plus or minus. Even with B button scrolling left and right. So it is cropping a tad.

But then I can never access the 2 end links. Now I have to completely redesign.

registerednerd said:
NTSC and PAL signals are scanned, that is that they go off the edge of the screen in order to hide the often not-so-good-looking edges. This is normal.

Overscanning should only amount to a handful of pixels at most. And even then, with the zoom out feature you should still be able to see the whole page.

It sounds like the website is not rendering the way it should in the Wii's Opera browser for some reason. It shouldn't just arbitrarily cut off the edge of a website. Designing a website that still looks right in a small-resolution browser (cell phones, PDA's, Wii, etc.) and on a regular PC can be tricky and frustrating.

Back