internet connection

rocknroll4eva

WiiChat Member
Aug 20, 2006
Wii Online Code
6326-5849-8725-8414
since i have a internet connection that isnt wireless, am i still able to maybe hook up the wii to my computer

rocknroll4eva said:
since i have a internet connection that isnt wireless, am i still able to maybe hook up the wii to my computer

Yes but you will need to buy the Wii Network adapter. (I guess it will be called wii connect). No idea of price but a wireless router may be a better bet as I guess accessories will be as hard to get as consoles around launch period.

please help me. I don't have a computer or the internet so what do I need to go online on my wii? When I try to connect it does connect to one person but he has it locked and I need a password. Someone please help me.

28812850 said:
please help me. I don't have a computer or the internet so what do I need to go online on my wii? When I try to connect it does connect to one person but he has it locked and I need a password. Someone please help me.

You need:

-An Internet Connection (DSL or Cable)
- a Wireless Router (unless you wish to wait for the shitty wires.)
- Money

don't people use other people internet all the time? Like with a labtop? That's what I was wanting too do. I don't understand why its only picking up one connection, I know that the guy below me isn't the only person with the internet in the whole apartment complex.

28812850 said:
don't people use other people internet all the time? Like with a labtop? That's what I was wanting too do. I don't understand why its only picking up one connection, I know that the guy below me isn't the only person with the internet in the whole apartment complex.
he probably isnt the only one with internet but he might be the only one with wireless internet. yea, people do leech off of other peoples connections with their laptops sometimes but that doesnt make it right. some places have wireless hotspots that can be eather free to use or you pay by minute to use.

28812850 said:

find out which neighbor has wireless internet and ask them if they can give u the WEP key

28812850 said:
how do you do it? Will you email me please. [email protected]

The simple fact is that you CAN'T.

Your 'mate' has secured his network and you would need to either
1) Connect directly to his router
or
2) Be on his network and connect to his router

to change his security settings.

Your 'mate' possibly has MAC filtering turned on which would prevent your Wii from 'seeing' his network, plus he would also has WEP (or similar) set.

These security features are put in place so that people CAN NOT gain access to a network without permission.

How do I connect to his router. Sorry I'm just a dumb girl who wants to play with my Wii and doesn't want to wait until monday to get the internet.

Back