Internet Connection!

Ashes3087

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2007
I just got a Wii for Christmas and i have High Speed internet...and i am trying to figure out what i have to do or what i have to have to connect to the internet...please help me haha!!

-Ashes

Yeah, do you have Wireless Connection? If so, you go to the Wii Settings, and go to Internet, and try to test your connection so you could get it connected to the Wii.

if you dont have wireless in your home then you should either:
1. Get a Wii Lan Adapter if you have a router to connect it to
2. or buy a Wifi Dongle ,dunno where from, amazon? game/gamestation?, just google it

I hear the USB adapter designed for the DS doesn't work very well. I think the best option is to either use Ethernet cords and a LAN Adapter or buy a wireless router.

stghm said:
I hear the USB adapter designed for the DS doesn't work very well. I think the best option is to either use Ethernet cords and a LAN Adapter or buy a wireless router.
buy a router. it might cost a little more than the LAN Adapter but you can also hook up your ds (if you have one) or anything else that can use a wireless connection.

stghm said:

you hear, i have one and it works great.

Dkw0101 said:
you hear, i have one and it works great.
Some people do have problems with them though. When I had it, I had to add some IP ranges and it took me a while to figure out which ones. I have a friend that can't use it because of the way internet sharing is used on his computer. My point is, if you can get it working, its Ok, but if you can't, it's just a waste.

it may work great but your computer has to be on to use it.
thats why i wouldnt want one

Also, the USB WiFi adapter has been discontinued by Nintendo. Some may still be in stores, but it is not being manufactured anymore and is not listed in the Wii support page as a way to get online.

I'm pretty sure a G or N class wireless router or Ethernet cable will have more reliability and bandwidth than a USB hotspot creator. So I would go with one of those.

Back