Internet Out! Doing this from Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
tuned said:
well... I too am typing this from my Wii... now when is the damn keyboard coming out for it? Because typing this is killing me!

haha im typin this from my ps3 using a standard logitech wireless keyboard, can you use a wireless keyboard with the Wii yet? :ihih:

buckyfellini said:
haha im typin this from my ps3 using a standard logitech wireless keyboard, can you use a wireless keyboard with the Wii yet? :ihih:
Damn PS3 people!!:mad5: Haha, just kidding.:lol: I'm using my PowerBook G4 now. Anyway, just wondering, for the person who said youtube is working, are you sure all the videos are working or just the ones on it's main page. I was able to play the ones that were viewable on the main page, but when I clicked on a link to one, it said I didn't have java script or whatever.

For those wondering, I've tried a few different sites. Apple.com has a lot of quicktime videos which, unfortunately, don't work. Tried IGN and it's videos don't work either, though their adds work fine (unfortunately). And for those of you who prefer Google Video over YouTube................................YOU'RE IN LUCK!! It works and well!!!:D Watched a number of videos and they buffered rather fast. Also, I'm a gmail user and....yes, gmail works as well, though I haven't tried Google Talk yet. I also tried some sites that have interesting menu systems like v-moda.com, a headphone site (I plan on getting the v-moda vibes; if anyone's bought those, send me a pm and tell me if they're as good as they sound:D). I'll try some more sites soon. The browser did crash after about an hour and I had to hold down the power button the the Wii itself to restart it. Also, you can bookmark sites and it has predictive text, so it figures out what you're trying to type before you're finished with the word.

buckyfellini said:
No, but our browser doesn't suck and hose our machines either :prrr: hahaha.

Wolvey said:
When did browser become available?

<.< >.> <.< >.>
Today. Many members would flame you for asking such a question when there have been a bagillion threads on the browser but I am not such a member :)

NateTheGreat said:
Damn PS3 people!!:mad5: Haha, just kidding.:lol: I'm using my PowerBook G4 now. Anyway, just wondering, for the person who said youtube is working, are you sure all the videos are working or just the ones on it's main page. I was able to play the ones that were viewable on the main page, but when I clicked on a link to one, it said I didn't have java script or whatever.

For those wondering, I've tried a few different sites. Apple.com has a lot of quicktime videos which, unfortunately, don't work. Tried IGN and it's videos don't work either, though their adds work fine (unfortunately). And for those of you who prefer Google Video over YouTube................................YOU'RE IN LUCK!! It works and well!!!:D Watched a number of videos and they buffered rather fast. Also, I'm a gmail user and....yes, gmail works as well, though I haven't tried Google Talk yet. I also tried some sites that have interesting menu systems like v-moda.com, a headphone site (I plan on getting the v-moda vibes; if anyone's bought those, send me a pm and tell me if they're as good as they sound:D). I'll try some more sites soon. The browser did crash after about an hour and I had to hold down the power button the the Wii itself to restart it. Also, you can bookmark sites and it has predictive text, so it figures out what you're trying to type before you're finished with the word.

the same thing is happening to me. well i havent tried the vids on the main page . but when i choose a diffrent vid then it tells me that i either jave javascript turned off or that i have an older version of flash.i tried updatingf the flash but that didnt work. i tried updating the wii and nothing happened.

I am monitoring this update -- when Mario hit the first block, we were at 9.75MB. When Mario hit the second block, we were at 19.50MB. I am guessing this update is 29.25MB?

Waiting.....

It's 31.25MB actually!

What a monster!!!

ooo i was wondering what the blinking light was for when i ran to work without checking messages.

i figured was an elebit map but i guess i have opera nowz!!

If the "real" browser lets you update your flash (or the Wii oculd do it ofr you in a update) Then im fine, for some reason some flashs works while others dont and last night I could go to You Tube and watch stuff now I have to post it some where (like on a web page or forum) and it works but LiveDigtal does not work with it along with some other sites but overall I like it.

And to think People think the Wii is not technologically advance, when I dont see Xbox live with a browser.

The videos on DailyMotion Dont work either......although the games on Addictinggames.com work....I have a few sites I watch TV on and they dont work either...

Yeah.....Aww I cant watch any videos except Google Video

Anyone know a place where you can watch Movies online

ericlewis91 said:
utube does not work
If you Embed the Video on a website or Forums they work, but for some reason they dont work if you go to the site????

There was a website posted on here a long time ago, around the time of the Wii launch.

It was a website devoted to Wii internet gaming (basically, web browser games, optimized for Wii). Does anyone remember that? I tried searching for the thread, but forgot what the title was. I also tried googling it. If that works, it would be so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back