Internet problem w/ wii....

brucedlx

WiiChat Member
Jul 6, 2007
Hey I have my wii hooked up to the wireless connection in my house. I can play online games just fine and when I do a connection test through the menu it is successful.

However, when I try to browse the web through the wii browser (opera) It can't find any pages. Additionally, I can not connect to Wii Shop to buy virtual console games either. These both used to work fine but now they don't.

The only thing I have changed since then is the location, I moved the wireless router to the basement, but that shouldn't be a problem because now it is much closer to the wii than it was before (before it was two floors up!)

Can anyone please explain how to fix this if they know?

dude Ive got the same problem :lol: *waiting for answers*
oh but all im using now is my friends wireless connection :D

It may be an interference with other 2.4GHz devices. First, try different channels (1, 6, or 11) to see if it solves the problem. Second, change the MTU to 1500 which may help to reduce packet loss.

now that you say it I did just put in a new 2.4ghz cordless phone down there. Should I just unplug the phone? But I don't get it, why would the internet browser/Wii shop not work but online gaming and connection test work?

Also, how do you change channels and MTU??

To change channels, you need to set it in the wireless setting on your router. Although there are 11 (14 in Europe) channels available, only 1, 6, and 11 are not overlapped with each other and you should use to reduce interference. To set the MTU, go to the Network Connection setup page on your Wii. It should be on the third or fourth page.

Back