Internet Questions

Nisora

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2006
Hello all. I had a question regarding the upcoming release of the Opera channel and thought I'd see if anyone could help me. I've done a forum search and had most of my questions answered with that, but I'm still curious about one thing. Is there any need to be concerned about viruses or anything like that when browsing on the Wii? One forum individual seemed very knowledgeable about the fact that it should be safe, but has Nintendo addressed this?

Though I know more than most about computers, I don't know enough about the Wii to know if that is even possible. I'm sorry if I missed something on this in my search. Thanks for your help.

Nisora said:
Hello all. I had a question regarding the upcoming release of the Opera channel and thought I'd see if anyone could help me. I've done a forum search and had most of my questions answered with that, but I'm still curious about one thing. Is there any need to be concerned about viruses or anything like that when browsing on the Wii? One forum individual seemed very knowledgeable about the fact that it should be safe, but has Nintendo addressed this?

Though I know more than most about computers, I don't know enough about the Wii to know if that is even possible. I'm sorry if I missed something on this in my search. Thanks for your help.

No. Viruses have to be written specifically for the operating system/firmware. And the wii I believe won't allow things such as activex downloads, so there isn't really any way for you to get a virus on it anyways.

Thank you sir, I appreciate it. That's what I thought, but again, I wanted to ask those that are more knowledgeable than I.

It's like writing a virus for OS X. It's kinda dumb and pointless to do. Either way I think if something like a virus ever did come out for the Wii, Nintendo would be all over it like a fat kid on doughnuts.

Back