Internet share with Air Port

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok I have a Mac Book Pro and I left my Wi-Fi USB adapter at home (I'm at school now) and of course since the USB software isn't Mac compatible any way i gave something a shot.

I'm already connected on my laptop (Wired Ethernet 802.1x authenticated) so i turned on my air-port card and emabled internet sharing. The shared network shows up as the computers name (in my case Phoebe). Now I go to the Wii options and search for access points. Sure enough there is phoebe, full strength and open (no WPA) but when I try to connect I get an error code saying ti can't find the access point.

Has anyone tried using wireless internet sharing? any tips you can give?

I'm also using an Airport base station for my wireless router. When you're searching for access points within range and your Network name pops up, select it and re-enter all it's information. Try the connection again right after. If it still doesn't work, go to online support at Nintendo.com.

FR. said:
I'm also using an Airport base station for my wireless router. When you're searching for access points within range and your Network name pops up, select it and re-enter all it's information. Try the connection again right after. If it still doesn't work, go to online support at Nintendo.com.
He is talking about sharing it from the Airport in his laptop not from a router.

Back