Internet Speed

Cpt.McCloud said:
Serously??

I always thought my comp wasn't very good?

I thought your comp was a uber pwner custom one. . .

Meh sever 200 Miles away, I blame virgin:lol:
my PC is a little above the average PC. the only things that are above average are the gfx card and the case lol. im going to upgrade soon though

Mitch2025 said:
my PC is a little above the average PC. the only things that are above average are the gfx card and the case lol. im going to upgrade soon though

Well, you said my processor is good so I think I need to upgrade mY odd RAM and GFX card.

I should look into SiS 760's before replacing tbh.

They might be good.

Mitch2025 said:
NOTHING in your PC (hardware wise) has ANYTHING to do with your internet speed. your CPU is better than mine and look at my speeds. your internet speed depends on what your ISP is giving you and what you are paying for
Not true. If your network settings (like receive window and MTU) are not configured properly your speed will be effected. That is why I tried to steer people to the DSLReports test instead of the piece of junk that was linked.

I have a network card that is stuck at just under 6mbps because of bad drivers.

Let's see if my G4 owns all of yours:

Well what do you know?

ciper said:
Not true. If your network settings (like receive window and MTU) are not configured properly your speed will be effected. That is why I tried to steer people to the DSLReports test instead of the piece of junk that was linked.

I have a network card that is stuck at just under 6mbps because of bad drivers.
which is why i said nothing IN your computer in terms of hardware can affect your speeds (im not counting the modem. speaking of which, the first modem my ISP gave me was bad and only gave me about 5% of what i was supposed to get in terms of speed)

Haha, mine is still the fastest so far!
Here is mine on the DSLReports, but the server is 602 miles away so it kinda sucks.
935.png

Mitch2025 said:
which is why i said nothing IN your computer in terms of hardware can affect your speeds (im not counting the modem. speaking of which, the first modem my ISP gave me was bad and only gave me about 5% of what i was supposed to get in terms of speed)

I see your point was hardware specs and I won't give you a hard time ;)
are you using an external hard drive? lol

Riviet said:

Probably slowest posted here so far but I'm content with it.
That seems fast for dialup..... Specifically the upspeed.

If I didn't know better I'd say the results were tampered with

edit: I suggest everyone to use the tools on DSLreports to tune up your network settings before posting because it can significantly affect your results.

Here is my speed
142686312.png

What do I win?

Last edited:
Used DSLReports.

3360.png

But I think it kinda... Lies.

I normally download stuff at 450 kb/s.
This says I should be getting... 1.7MB/s.

Go figure.

Trulen said:
Used DSLReports.

3360.png

But I think it kinda... Lies.

I normally download stuff at 450 kb/s.
This says I should be getting... 1.7MB/s.

Go figure.
If you want a real world measure fire up utorrent (configured properly) and download a few hundred mb of this -Link removed. Dont post links to Warez
Currently over 9 thousand seeds/leachers :crazy:

Last edited:
ciper said:
That seems fast for dialup..... Specifically the upspeed.

If I didn't know better I'd say the results were tampered with

edit: I suggest everyone to use the tools on DSLreports to tune up your network settings before posting because it can significantly affect your results.

Here is my speed
142686312.png

What do I win?
You suck! Well at least my upload is a lot better than yours.

Back