internet

It shouldn't. The bandwidth of most peoples' internet connections is much smaller than most of the other things that pass around inside your computer. However, if you're using the USB Wifi adapter on the PC, then you are routing everything through the PC and adding a layer of complexity (and possible point of failure) that doesn't need to be there. That's why I suggest that people spend the money on a wireless router versus the USB wifi adapter. That takes the PC entirely out of the picture and you don't have to worry about it.

i don't know why... the PC doesn't have bittorrent running when it thinks it's idle, does it? does the PC's Hard Drive light go nuts while your Wii is surfing slow?

Take it back and get a router would be my first suggestion.

The internet channel isn't the fastest thing on the planet in my experience, in the first place.

sremick said:
It shouldn't. The bandwidth of most peoples' internet connections is much smaller than most of the other things that pass around inside your computer. However, if you're using the USB Wifi adapter on the PC, then you are routing everything through the PC and adding a layer of complexity (and possible point of failure) that doesn't need to be there. That's why I suggest that people spend the money on a wireless router versus the USB wifi adapter. That takes the PC entirely out of the picture and you don't have to worry about it.
:tard:

Back