interview with Satoru Iwata-japanese magazine-nintendo

ssbbking

Banned
Feb 13, 2008
interviewer: are the rumors true about voice chat on your wii console?
Satoru Iwata: yes and no. see last year, when we launched pokemon daimond and pearl, we thought about making the ds lite mic, nintendo mic. But, in all the other countries, they just recieved theyre wii's in whole, and we thought we could launch a wii ome later, which will happen in japan in april and us sometime this summer.
interviewer: will they be able to talk live on the games that came out before that?
No, i deeply apologize about this. due to the issues of lawsuits and other things, this will not happen. We made a mistake about choosing to make the different mics for the two systems.
interviewer:how will the voicechat work?
Satoru Iwata: You will plug one part into the usb on the back of the wii, then you put the other part in the ear. all online games will be able to voicechat.
interviewer: Thank you for your time
:yikes: :yikes: Man yall are lucky i had to do this extra credit project on another country. we bought this magazine on ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com/japanese-Magazine-OPTION-issued-2-2007_W0QQitemZ320219665407QQihZ011QQcategoryZ280QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m124.
well with that settled goods? prons?

bout time they said something about it. Glad its going to be this quick too it might not be intime for Brawl but seems like we might be able to get it with Kart... Great Find and Even better News!!!

jjrules352 said:
great news but it looks so fake with the spelling mistakes and the format thats been used, i don't know

True but it seems like a quick/cheep translation of a japaneese magazine. Really would need someone to pick it up to know for sure.

Well its bound to happen, I mean everyone wants it.
Glad to finally hear something about it.

fake. Iwata would never release this info like this.

have you seen other interviews?
Iwata does not talk like that

jjrules352 said:
great news but it looks so fake with the spelling mistakes and the format thats been used, i don't know

I had to type it down B/C its from a japanese magazine im using for my extra credit PROJECT!

matter of fact,i dont see any spelling errors

second, I SWEAR its true. im goin to find a site where you can view the magazine online,and youll see for urself(or someone that has a japanese translation dictionary like me)

Satoru Iwata: yes and no. see last year, when we launched pokemon daimond and pearl, we thought about making the ds lite mic, nintendo mic. But, in all the other countries, they just recieved theyre wii's in whole, and we thought we could launch a wii ome later, which will happen in japan in april and us sometime this summer.
interviewer: will they be able to talk live on the games that came out before that?
No, i deeply apologize about this. due to the issues of lawsuits and other things, this will not happen. We made a mistake about choosing to make the different mics for the two systems.
Satoru Iwata: You will plug one part into the usb on the back of the wii, then you put the other part in the ear. all online games will be able to voicechat.
interviewer: Thank you for your time.

words misspelled are in bold and underlined, and there is a bunch of words that should be capitalized

Disturbed1 said:
interviewer: Thank you for your time.

words misspelled are in bold and underlined, and there is a bunch of words that should be capitalized
:wtf:
let me say this again.......... THIS IS NOT FROM A SITE.:mad5: FROM A MAGAZINE! so THAT DOWSNT MEAN ANYTHING. WHY ASRE People acting like asses whenever they see something spelled wrong? JERKS

Disturbed1 said:
well, maybe if you got it from the damn INTERNET then people would somewhat believe this

Ya because the internet is 100% right all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: get real!

Just look how blown outta whack the Pay 2 Play has become by people interpreting what a Nintendo rep said, instead of taking it exactly how it was said.

Granted this might not be the perfect source, But it came outta the mouth of someone that acctually WORKS at Nintendo, not just someone filling out a article on a website based one what they heard that someone heard someone said. ha ha

It might be a poor translation of what a Nintendo rep said in Japan, but atleast thats better than a poor interpretation of what the rep said. It's straight forward and to the point, spelling errors or not, Voice chat is on the way based on what a published magazine in Japan got from an interview with a Nintendo rep. Thats worth more than any of the 2 bit sites on the internet to me.

Last edited:
let me say this again.......... THIS IS NOT FROM A SITE. FROM A MAGAZINE! so THAT DOWSNT MEAN ANYTHING. WHY ASRE People acting like asses whenever they see something spelled wrong? JERKS
Well you did say this
matter of fact,i dont see any spelling errors
so dont get in a bitc*y mood, seriously. . .
this is where i say Idiot
Also, why in god's name would information like THIS, come from a CAR MAGAZINE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Option_(car_magazine)
I seriously think you just made all this up when you saw those letters.

balrogs.pa said:
Well you did say this
so dont get in a bitc*y mood, seriously. . .
this is where i say Idiot
Also, why in god's name would information like THIS, come from a CAR MAGAZINE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Option_(car_magazine)
I seriously think you just made all this up when you saw those letters.
at my highschool theres a technology acadamy. i had to do a project on another countries technology. so i boought that magazine(and another wierd one:shocked:) to help me learn about japanese technology.
in the magazine they have a part in the back where thers not on topic things. well for people to actually believe me, im taking a picture of the page where it had the interview. then someone who can translate( prefer japanese-us translation dictionary:yesnod: ) theyll tell you themselves. kapish?

Back