iPhone more powerful than Wii?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Monkey Island hasn't even been out a week yet, and already a storm's brewing over the game's choppy framerate. When a fan complained on the Telltale Games forums about the Wii versions' framerate, a Telltale programmer went on record to say:

..The Wii is just not a powerful console. An iPhone is much more powerful than a Wii, even.

Later on this programmer was accused of using "strong words" to which he replied:

I stand by them. The Wii and DS are extremely underpowered and their popularity doesn't remove the hardware limitations.

In addition, he commented that he couldn't think of a Wii console game that was free from lag, and blamed the lack of RAM compared to an iPhone to be the biggest issue.

When you've got great games on WiiWare like My Life as a King / Dark Lord, LostWinds, and Onslaught that seem to run without issues, does he make a good point? Or is he blaming something other than just a poor port of a PC game? In any case, it sounds like a war's brewing

heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/07/iphone_more_powerful_than_wii

It is what it is man, I have fun with the Wii, that's all the matters to me.

yes i know it is what it is, the wii is the only console i got right now, except for ps2 & snes with i wanna sell cus why bought keeping him around might sell to pawn shop.

and what makes me sick is 360 fans or ps3 fans for any reason or other they bash the wii like "360 is better or the best" or "the ps3 is better" no its whatever the customer wants in a console, like my friend and i were playing The Conduit few weeks ago and he was playing deathmatches online and a enemy was jumping around like a bunny and avoiding his bullets, so my friend talked smack something bout 360 and halo 3 is better or w'e anyway i thought it was wrong of him to say that but who am i to say.

Last edited:
how is the DS underpowered??? what is it being compared to? an iphone? which is way newer technology? the only thing the wii f'd up on is not having more than 128mb memory, isn't it like 82 or some horse s***

Sounds very much like a developer that knows he did a piss-poor job of porting the game and is trying to blame the hardware...

Plenty of other games run extremely smoothly (the island flyover and the jetski on Wii Sports Resort are amazingly smooth and fluid with great physics and graphics).

Sounds like the developer needs to learn how to code...

I think its absolute trash talk,its a very simple game in terms of graphics that could be done on any system even going back a generation or 2!

I would love to see the IPOD trying to pump out Galaxy or Conduit into a Television screen instead of a thumbnail.

And yes we all know the Wii isnt a powerhouse of biblical proportions but come on thats just taking the mickey.

stupid comment to make,Telltale Games need a kick up the backside.

hencam[uk];1046979 said:
Sounds very much like a developer that knows he did a piss-poor job of porting the game and is trying to blame the hardware...

Plenty of other games run extremely smoothly (the island flyover and the jetski on Wii Sports Resort are amazingly smooth and fluid with great physics and graphics).

Sounds like the developer needs to learn how to code...

^ This. We have a winner.

Obviously Telltale's comment is bullshit.

It's funny to me cause my Dreamcast is no where near the power of the Wii even, much less the PS360, and yet somehow (a miricale probably), I still have fun playing it.

As a matter of fact I threw in Rogue Squadron ('Cube Game) for a buddy of mine the other day (46" Sharp Aquis LCD) and he thought I had thrown in the actual movie when the fighters are all on screen heading to destroy the Deathstar during a cutscene in the beginning. And that's is only using half the systems power. One of the two Gamecube's they "duct taped" together, to make the Wii, according to the haters.

Now I will be buying a PS3 at some point, after the price drop that WILL happen this holiday season (The plus side of a crap economy), and when DC Universe is out (providing the game is good). But I have PLENTY to keep me busy on the Wii 'till then.

So lets compare 2 items that are not even comparable:

iPhone 3GS: Latest technology(2009), $400, mobile/micro
Wii: Outdated Technology(2006), $250, console

hmm...

This is just stupied. Just because some coders can't code for the Wii and produce a sorry ass port then claims the Wii is weaker is just dumb. Lets compare one simple game Resident Evil 4 for the Wii and Ipod. The last time I check that game was a runny a pretty ass downgrade version of the game plus it's running at a much lower resolution. Did I forget that the game is really pushing the IPOD and oh wait it barely push the Wii. The guy has to hire some real coders/programers before he can make that claim. It's like saying the Gamecube is weaker then the N64 because Zelda MM on the Gamecube had a few glitchs. Sorry for the grammer, at work and need to type fast.

I think this Telltale worker is another lazy developer as others like Maxis when they lauched the first "The Sims" game on the Wii, someone talk %$#@ of the Wii and then a company's CEO detract his claims, now the Telltale art director says "The Wii is the perfect fit for us". Come-on developers it's time to work hard and put the best effort in their games. Specially for the Wii.
If they claim the Wii doesn't have enough memory space, find a solution!!
I will give you an idea, TRY TO USE THE PROCEDURAL TECHNOLOGY!!
With the procedural tech you can get ten times more space without sacrifice the game!!

I think this Telltale worker is another lazy developer as others like Maxis when they lauched the first "The Sims" game on the Wii, someone talk %$#@ of the Wii and then a company's CEO detract his claims, now the Telltale art director says "The Wii is the perfect fit for us". Come-on developers it's time to work hard and put the best effort in their games. Specially for the Wii.
If they claim the Wii doesn't have enough memory space, find a solution!!
I will give you an idea, TRY TO USE THE PROCEDURAL TECHNOLOGY!!
With the procedural tech you can get ten times more space without sacrifice the game!!

I'm more powerful than the iPhone and I can't play Monkey Island.

It's funny to me cause my Dreamcast is no where near the power of the Wii even, much less the PS360, and yet somehow (a miricale probably), I still have fun playing it.
I can play dig dug for hours and not get bored with it.

This is just stupied. Just because some coders can't code for the Wii and produce a sorry ass port then claims the Wii is weaker is just dumb. Lets compare one simple game Resident Evil 4 for the Wii and Ipod. The last time I check that game was a runny a pretty ass downgrade version of the game plus it's running at a much lower resolution. Did I forget that the game is really pushing the IPOD and oh wait it barely push the Wii. The guy has to hire some real coders/programers before he can make that claim. It's like saying the Gamecube is weaker then the N64 because Zelda MM on the Gamecube had a few glitchs. Sorry for the grammer, at work and need to type fast.

Get some work done :smilewinkgrin:

Back