ipod life question

Brawny said:
Whoa, you've been gone a while. I'd recommend editing and making some paragraphs. I bet I'm the only one who read that whole wall of text.

I kinda need the OP back to comment any further.
ya i have been super busy with grad and all so i have been gone a while.

I do have a bad habbit of not making paragraphs when i type but this one was twice as bad seen as it was somewhat of a rant.

What is an OP?

and can anyone help me with my stupid ipod problem?! :(

I recently had to reboot my computer and all my songs are now on my ipod but not on my comp in itunes. Is there a way to get them from my ipod, into my itunes!??!?!? cuz i can't seem to figure it out

If you just buy a decent case for it and look after it well then it will be fine...

I've had mine for a year and 6 months now and it's 'broken' twice, but all I had to do to fix it was plug it into the pc and it did the rest for me, it sorta downloaded updates for itself or something.

Kelso said:
I recently had to reboot my computer and all my songs are now on my ipod but not on my comp in itunes. Is there a way to get them from my ipod, into my itunes!??!?!? cuz i can't seem to figure it out

http://www.engadget.com/2004/11/02/how-to-get-music-off-your-ipod/

This site shows you how to get your songs off your ipod with the help of a free program. It then shows you step by step how to use said program.

Hope this helps.

fun fact: if you use linux, you can hook up the ipod and it will be read as a storage device (which it is) and you can also pull your songs off that way :).

Spiritshotgun said:
fun fact: if you use linux, you can hook up the ipod and it will be read as a storage device (which it is) and you can also pull your songs off that way :).

More Fun fact: You don't need Linux to do that. The iPod will do that on it's own.

Shotgun, do you/have you ever actually owned an iPod?

As long as you take care of the iPod, then it will have a long lifetime. I've had my Blue Mini since 2004 beleive it or not. :)crazy:) Anway, Apple is known for good warrantys or rebates, don't worry.

Kelso:

When you plug in your iPod, if it doesn't already show up as a HD when you go to MyComputer then do this : Go in iTunes, plug in your iPod. find the prefs and click "enable Hard disk use"

Go to my computer and it should show up as a HD, Go to "view" menu, and under prefs click show hidden files and folders. Within the file system on your iPod there should be a "music" folder. In there it will have folders labeled 001, 002, 003 ,004 etc. All your music will be in those numbered folders

Back