iPod Nano question!

EK987

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Chicago
I greatly appologize for posting this thread. It has nothing to do with Nintendo, but I need to know the answer and I can't really find it anywhere else. Please, if anyone knows, reply!

I am getting this black, 8GB iPod nano: http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

I used to have an iPod mini but lost it, and i have an iHome (this one):
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/ihome-main.jpg

Is the iPod that I'm getting compatible with this iHome? Thanks!

P.S. I understand that the old iPod nano is compatible with this iHome, but my question is how about the new one?

Also, please don't give me any criticism or negative replies for posting this thread. I understand that it's not for iPods, I'm not stupid.

i had an old ipod nano, and i brought it to school, and it was in my pocket, and somebody stepped on my pants in the locker room, now the screen is broken! :sad:

umm well as long as it fits in and since its smaller than a mini it should i dunno if the port is the same tho i dont have an ipod lol (dont like them...) but it should u should see if any of your friends have one and will be willing to let you try it out

normal_upload_88685.jpg
J/K
it looks too big for a ipod nano.

Reminds me of this parody I made early this year

I had a mini, with the same iHome, and now I've got a iPod video. Mine is compatible but doesn't work cuz I don't have the insert. You can, however, go here: www.ihomeaudio.com and under spare parts buy the insert. I just haven't gotten around to mine yet.

gh05t said:
umm well as long as it fits in and since its smaller than a mini it should i dunno if the port is the same tho i dont have an ipod lol (dont like them...) but it should u should see if any of your friends have one and will be willing to let you try it out

Thanks! You're like the only one that actually helped! Haha. Yea, I don't know if the port is the same. That's a big problem!

Unfortunately, none of my friends have the new Nano. They all got iPods a few months ago :(

Yes, the port is the same, they all dock with the same plug-in. It'll probably work without the insert, but if it doesn't just buy one.

Darkprinny said:

Reminds me of this parody I made early this year
haha that sounds like something you'd do, Anywho i don't think it would fit... the nano is smaller and is probably the size of 2 ipod shuffles(old ones) that are side by side(Not one on the other) And is as thin as the new ipod shuffle... or a bit smaller then a CD cases length

It'll fit, the size has nothing to do with it, as long as it docks.

GreyKirby said:
haha that sounds like something you'd do,

If you dont get the refrence
watch "this is Spinal tap"

I just got the iPod today! Fortunately, it does fit into the iHome but the old iPod Nano insert does not fit the new iPod Nano. It doesn't really matter though, whatever.

Back