iPod or MP3 player

Cabe said:
^^ The Zune, gotta mention that in the list of best players
I think you meant add it to the worst players list. Seriously, have you read any reviews of it? Lotta crashes, same resolution as iPod screen yet bigger so not as crisp, Zune Marketplace uses points instead of dollars and quite a bit of their stuff is higher priced...oh and every time someone buys a Zune, part of that money goes to the RIAA because Micro$oft assumes we all steal music.

I never understand why people dislike the iPod so much. They're usually the same people who like using cruddy programs like Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player. At the same time, I don't love the iPod. The interface really needs an upgrade (and I must say, the Zune really has a nice one), the screen should be larger, like maybe it should take up the whole device (yes, like the rumored "true" iPod video with a touch screen/virtual click-wheel), or if they aren't going to do that, make the large iPods a bit slimmer. I'm really not that intrigued about an iPhone either, but if it were priced right and had nice features, like a...XM radio (to beat Zune's FM radio), and a slide out keypad. If Apple doesn't watch itself, Micro$oft could get control of the mp3 market like they have control of the console market and a near monopoly on computer operating systems.

NateTheGreat said:
I never understand why people dislike the iPod so much.

I like the iPod, I have one and its a great MP3 player. The Zune looks good to me and if I was offered the choice of a new iPod or a new Zune, I'd take the Zune

Last edited:
I prefer iPod a million times over! I got an MP3 player about a year back and I had the stupid thing for a like a week and it crapped out on me! I've had my iPod almost a whole year now and it still works perfectly! Even after some accidents...like dropping it while riding my bike, yikes. :eek: I want to get a new cover for it though.

Eranmane said:
Best MP3 Players
Creative Zen Series
Sandisk MP3 players
iAudio (yes, the name is based on iPod, but the actual player is better)
Worst MP3 players
iPod
umm... What else?

i used to have a creative zen. the USB port kept going out, the touch pad constantly stoped working, dirt got in between the screen and the case, the back that covers the battery kept sliding off, 50% of the time it didnt work. in less than 1 year it finaly died and i took it to best buy and got $150 off my new 30 gig iPod video that i have hacked and playing Doom on :)

Bulldogxx831 said:
An iPod is an MP3 player....But I do perfer Creative.
ipods technically dont play mp3 they have their own itunes format but i dont like em for that reason thats why i have an mp3/wma player so i can play 2 different formats and i dont have to get my music off of itunes i can use limewire and get it for free:thumbsup:

I had the Creative Zen 30GB. I loved it until it got stolen.:incazzato:

It was very easy to use. It was basically just a click and drag to get the music on it. I also liked that you could erase stuff directly off of it, instead of having to hook up to a computer. ITunes and iPod are just so controlling. I hate that you pretty much have to use the same computer for all of your stuff unless you know a lot about the iPod.

I am planning on either getting the Creative Zen Vision (Maybe the Vision W) or the Sirius Stiletto. That thing looks awesome. Anyone seen or had one?

Man I ****ing hate it when people come up and call my RCA Lyra MP3 player an IPOD. Their like omg let me see your IPOD, and im like i dont have one. They always say that now. Ipod is Ipod. It's not hard to tell the diffrence. Ipod = MP3 player with goodies.

Ipod is the most restrictive player out there. I was going to buy one, but ipods are just a fashion accessory. I also do not want to be tethered to itunes. I ended up buying a cowon A2. It supports a plethora of music and video formats including Divx :thumbsup: . The battery life is also INSANE. The Zen Vision M is good but I read reviews about the HD going kaput.

crazydog1 said:
dude thats fricken awesome how did u get doom on it?!?!
a nifty little hack called iLinux :) its awsome. however it is limited to certain codecs when playing back video just like a normal untouched iPod.

wii love gamin said:
ipods technically dont play mp3 they have their own itunes format but i dont like em for that reason thats why i have an mp3/wma player so i can play 2 different formats and i dont have to get my music off of itunes i can use limewire and get it for free:thumbsup:

before i modded my iPod i was putting all my MP3's on it with no problem. i never used itunes to put music on it eather. i used a 3rd party program so i know they wernt converted. the ipod out of the box plays mp3's and w/e format itunes music is in.

i have a creative zen touch 20G and an mpio FL350 (512M) .... both are fantastic, never had any probs, they're both exactly what i was looking for when i researched mp3 players; i would never buy an iPod just as I would never buy coffee from Starbucks.

Back