iPod tips and tricks?

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
What's the coolest things you can do with your iPod? I'm currently still using the old 30GB iPod video with a dual-boot between the iPod firmware and the Rockbox firmware.

A cool thing I like to use is the diagnostics menu. To do it, follow these steps:
> Hold down center and menu until the iPod resets
> Hold down center and left until the iPod makes a beeping noise and goes onto a black and white menu.

Now play around with it :lol:

I'm using both ipodwizards program and ipodlinux for my 1G nano...works perfectly d^_^d.

I've got NES on mine...SMB 1, 2, 3 ^_^
Jailbroken 16gb iPod Touch.

balrogs.pa said:
holy celeste how did ya get nes on your ipod? if it was an emulator you must tell me how!

and frummage i ment the programs they mentioned (ipodswizards)

ipodwizard is to customize all the images on your ipod. You can change stuff like the apple logo and the "do not remove" logo.

Rockbox is an operating system to allow you to install themes on your iPod. You can also play other audio formats such as wma and ogg.

The coolest thing you could do with your iPod with original firmware is to aim for the wastebasket and take a shot.

Mod it with some custom firmware like Rockbox. It's pretty nice. I don't have one myself, but I tried rockbox on another MP3 player. It wasn't put to good use then, but from what it DID have.. It was nice.

balrogs.pa said:
holy celeste how did ya get nes on your ipod? if it was an emulator you must tell me how!

and frummage i ment the programs they mentioned (ipodswizards)
It'll only work on the iPhone or iPod Touch, but what you do is jailbreak it (google touchfree jailbreak ipod or iphone), and once you get the "Installer" icon, download "Community Sources", and inside there you'll see an app simply called "NES". Download it.
Then, you have to SSH with a program like Putty into your iPod or iPhone using your device's IP address (which you can find under the connections tab in settings), and using root for the username and alpine for the password.
Once inside there, you have to create a folder inside the NES application folder called ROMS, and inside it, you paste any roms you download :)
There are also games like Lights Out, Tap Tap Revolution (iPod version of DDR), and tons of applications that are really useful and creative. iPod Touch's and iPhones are AMAZING, but really, only once you hack them. Before you hack them, they're special and everything, but you kind of get over them pretty quick.

Last edited:
Celeste said:
It'll only work on the iPhone or iPod Touch, but what you do is jailbreak it (google touchfree jailbreak ipod or iphone), and once you get the "Installer" icon, download "Community Sources", and inside there you'll see an app simply called "NES". Download it.
Then, you have to SSH with a program like Putty into your iPod or iPhone using your device's IP address (which you can find under the connections tab in settings), and using root for the username and alpine for the password.
Once inside there, you have to create a folder inside the NES application folder called ROMS, and inside it, you paste any roms you download :)
There are also games like Lights Out, Tap Tap Revolution (iPod version of DDR), and tons of applications that are really useful and creative. iPod Touch's and iPhones are AMAZING, but really, only once you hack them. Before you hack them, they're special and everything, but you kind of get over them pretty quick.

Actually you can play NES games on any iPod that has video capability.

You need to have Rockbox installed, and then you can play games like Doom and NES Roms

FRuMMaGe said:
Actually you can play NES games on any iPod that has video capability.

You need to have Rockbox installed, and then you can play games like Doom and NES Roms
Ohh, okay good to know.

Back