Iraq, Iran, Bush And More...

as a jew and a registered republican, im going to be switzerland in this matter and get the hell outta this thread!!! :yikes:

id rather not shoot off my mouth before i give myself a heart attack

I_Dont_Know859 said:
That can't be accurate about the jews living there just after 1945. Israel holds the remains of the First and Second Temples of the Jewish People. Completed in the 10th century BC, the First temple was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 BC. The reconstructed temple in Jerusalem, which stood between 516 BC and 70 C, was the Second Temple. You shouldn't be talking to Uttackle like that. Seems to me like Jews have been in Israel more than just 60 years ago.

Perhaps if you read the whole thing properly, i wasnt trying to say that jews didnt live there. They didnt OWN it until 1945. It was taken from the palestinians and given to the jews.

ottoman said:
Perhaps if you read the whole thing properly, i wasnt trying to say that jews didnt live there. They didnt OWN it until 1945. It was taken from the palestinians and given to the jews.

oh ok on that other post then you werent clear with your choice of words "Jews have lived in Israel after 1945...thats around 60 years...hardly "forever". Before that the palestinians were living there. they were thron out to make room for the jews. now look whats happend." Thats why i misunderstood what you were saying.

i see what you mean, ill try to be more accurate next time :)

Frankly I'm tired of hearing about Israel and the Jews. I'm tired of America supporting them. Its time American BE FAIR and realize that the Jewish people aren't owed a single thing from the rest of the world. Yes the land may have belonged to them first but guess what? It wasn't theirs during World War 2 and technically it really shouldn't be their's today. Its not surprising that Iran and the rest of the Middle East wants to destroy Israel and hates the US since they act like they're invincible when the truth is one bomb is all it would take to wipe out their small piece of land. And yes I know they're God's favorite...the "apple of his eye". However that doesn't give them the right to do whatever they want. They should learn to SHARE and give back the land they took during these previous wars.

As for President Bush I'm honestly scared to death of him. Of the decisions hes made. Of the decisions he'll probably make in the future. And of the stupidity that he continues to show not only decent American citizens like myself but citizens of the World as well. Only thing I can say is thank God 2008 is right around the corner because this country really needs change. The only problem is that the next president will have inherited a hot mess of a country thanks to " might warlord...Premeir Bush".

MasterJedi2U said:
As for President Bush I'm honestly scared to death of him. Of the decisions hes made. Of the decisions he'll probably make in the future. And of the stupidity that he continues to show not only decent American citizens like myself but citizens of the World as well. Only thing I can say is thank God 2008 is right around the corner because this country really needs change. The only problem is that the next president will have inherited a hot mess of a country thanks to " might warlord...Premeir Bush".[/FONT]
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering what the right-winged lot will vote for, "the woman" or "the non-white". They do seem to like their white haired older guys...

Kinda bad for the rest of the world too. I mean, the rest of the world doesn't get a say in which person should be president, yet we have to live with the consequences of it. It wouldn't be so bad if the American government strictly adhered to the UN (or a global governance), but it's just the fact that the American government will just do it's own thing and the rest of the world be damned.

But yeah, I think it's good to recognise that not all Americans are Bush-lovin', Gun-totting archetypes. It's good to hear a non-hegemonic voice.

i read a couple of the posts, and i think your damn right stupid...

obviously you know nothing about modern media.
so for example, your in a small room, sitting on a chair, you can't get off this chair. now there is a window 10ft away, that your looking out of. that window is your TV screen or computer monitor. what ever..
the other side is the news. when the news isn't on, theres people moving things, if these kids playing in the streets, they will move them, and put a wack off tank there. just so the story makes more sense. imagine a head-line; 12 more soliders killed today, and then a picture of 8 kids playing football. lol it's stupid.

They show what they want to show, and what they want us to believe.

Notice how the soliders just fried from iran or whereever they where, are allowed to sell there stories, thats the first in the history of the british forces. and note the controversy over them being told what to say.

the media is bollocks don't believe anything thats in the paper, internet or even said on TV.

Gaz said:

so for example, your in a small room, sitting on a chair, you can't get off this chair. now there is a window 10ft away, that your looking out of. that window is your TV screen or computer monitor. what ever..
the other side is the news. when the news isn't on, theres people moving things, if these kids playing in the streets, they will move them, and put a wack off tank there. just so the story makes more sense. imagine a head-line; 12 more soliders killed today, and then a picture of 8 kids playing football. lol it's stupid.

Notice how the soliders just fried from iran or whereever they where, are allowed to sell there stories, thats the first in the history of the british forces. and note the controversy over them being told what to say.

the media is bollocks don't believe anything thats in the paper, internet or even said on TV.
Watch a film called "Wag the dog". It is this same basic concept. Scary satire - scary because it could so easily be true.

Squall7 said:
Watch a film called "Wag the dog". It is this same basic concept. Scary satire - scary because it could so easily be true.
i don't know if that is a question or if ur telling me..

but what i know is that what i said is true, i had to study it at university.

Gaz said:

I was requesting that you do. I understand what you're saying, and agree 100% with it. I did find that "Wag the dog" was a good illustration of it, and would only help to provide you with a media text basis for your arguements.

Gaz said:

Yeah I agree, I've seen them do that in my own university newspaper. However you make it sound like everything they say is a lie which would be a foolish thing to do. If you werent implying that then

Gaz said:

yeah so every car bomb we hear about blowning are troops up and every ambush they off is all for publicity...we are even killing our own troops so we have the funerals back home to prove it. Blast those reporters!:rolleyes:

Gaz said:

I'd assume he's telling you since he didnt end the sentence with a question mark, but thats just my guess.

Gaz said:

It is true, and sometimes its not. I'm about to graduate from a university, whats ur major?

I_Dont_Know859 said:
Yeah I agree, I've seen them do that in my own university newspaper. However you make it sound like everything they say is a lie which would be a foolish thing to do. If you werent implying that then

It is true, and sometimes its not. I'm about to graduate from a university, whats ur major?

i'm not saying that everything is a lie, i'm just saying nothing is 100% true in the media.

My major is in Web Applications Development. Basically covering a whole array of new media development based around the web, as well as old methods that are still in common practice.

Gaz said:
i'm not saying that everything is a lie, i'm just saying nothing is 100% true in the media.

My major is in Web Applications Development. Basically covering a whole array of new media development based around the web, as well as old methods that are still in common practice.

Yeah thats definitely true, you just seemed to dismiss it totally though. There is just some stuff from them you should only take with a grain of salt if you know what I mean. Sounds like an interesting major, I'm sure a degree in that area will definitely benefit you in this day and age. Best of luck to you.

Frogger said:
Oh no...
Definitely not on forums...

This isn't school, where talking with your friends about religion and politics will make you enemies with one another. If you can't communicate in school, or even peacefully with people on the forums, where is the right spot and time to discuss these occurences and issues? Afterall, the lounge section is not restricted to certain topics. If you do not want to make an imput or get involved, then you don't have to waste your *valuable* time commenting and clicking on the title of the forum that appealed to you before you clicked on it in the first place (you see the title, and click on it whether or not you want to enter that thread...obviously). You act like the world is gonna end. Well, a forum for a certain topic is formed. Then the same forum invites a section where you may bring up ANY topic. Any topic means ANY, whether it be religion or politics. You are not restricted to how far you can go; if you wanna discuss it and it doesn't have to do with any of the given topics, then you go here.

Back