is 360 really bad

trevorsantos

Banned
May 20, 2007
i was wondering beacause i was gonna buy a 360 but instead i bought a wii because i did some research and people are saying things like ring of death , over heated and all those things. can u gamers tell my if its true or not? and some people are saying dont trust enternet. so im asking you guys.
thankz

It was true, but they've produced a whole new bunch that have resolved them issues, I myself got one that had to be collect by Microsoft, which they fixed with a week anyway. 360 > Wii IMO.

trevorsantos said:
i was wondering beacause i was gonna buy a 360 but instead i bought a wii because i did some research and people are saying things like ring of death , over heated and all those things. can u gamers tell my if its true or not? and some people are saying dont trust enternet. so im asking you guys.
thankz

Whaa?? Never heard of this conspiracy against the 360 :lol:

Wiired said:
360 > Wii

Leave this forum NOW!!! :lol:

Well this dood i know just had his 360 broken for the 4th time yesterday...

Funny thing is that the people at microsoft said he could get a free one next time it broke. HAHAHA.

The 360 is definitely a force to be reckoned with. I'm personally now seriously enertaining getting an Elite before long, this thing sounds amazing. Halo 1,2, and 3 alone are worth having this machine. And this comes from a person who very much disliked and sold his Xbox (Halo was the only game worth having it for to me). And if the initial problems are fixed! I don't know, it's tempting.

trevorsantos said:
thankz

... The 'ring of death' issue has been resolved...

Buy a new xbox 360... then it wont break... (well.... that's what Microsoft have been promising us)

Just be careful with it... don't put it anywhere stupid... like underneath your dvd player or TV... or put a blanket on top of it =S

Store it upright and make sure it's well ventilated.

My brother's had his 360 since X-mas last year... his hasn't broken... but it chewed his need for speed carbon disc (he shouldn't have moved the console while it was moving... duh!)

It depends on how much gaming, etc the person does on the 2005 360s... if they're one of those people who have no social lives and sit there playing on it for 16 hours a day... then of course it's going to break after a few months... i think anything would... (after working for only 12 hours myself i know how it feels, poor thing)

----

Personally i love my Xbox 360... there are so many good games out right now... for all different types of gamers.

If your getting a 360... get premium you save about (i think i worked it out to be) £70... and you need the hard drive/memory unit to save anyways...

Got a wii too... but due to lack of games, i'd like, i got a 360 also ^^

Halo 3 will be a good game... but i don't think that it's the best game that's coming out... When a series gets to the trilogy it usually becomes crappy (see Alien 3 - awful film, lol)... but when it gets to 4 it gets much better ^^ (see QUAKE IV - amazing game ^^)

Xbox Live is also very good... despite some people complaining about a 2 hour downtime or something to fix a server due to hacking... but i've had any problems...

i hjave no idea how i feel about this console

on one heand, i think it's over-rated, cause their main game is over-rated lol

on the other hand, ithink it's under-rated because it's not getting all the hype that wii is getting

me confused:S

mushroomedmario said:
i hjave no idea how i feel about this console

on one heand, i think it's over-rated, cause their main game is over-rated lol

on the other hand, ithink it's under-rated because it's not getting all the hype that wii is getting

me confused:S
if anything wii is overrated because its the one people are buying and getting bored of after a month. :wtf:
and most people dont think gears of war is overrated, and most of those people who do think its overrated suck at it or have never even played it (which is sad to say a game youve never played is overrated) and its a great game once you get good at it.

Sovieto said:
if anything wii is overrated because its the one people are buying and getting bored of after a month. :wtf:
and most people dont think gears of war is overrated, and most of those people who do think its overrated suck at it or have never even played it (which is sad to say a game youve never played is overrated) and its a great game once you get good at it.

Exactly.

My Wii isn't even in my room any more... i moved it out after i got bored with all the 'good' games...

I bought my Wii on launch day and I'm still playing it all the time..like..this second infact.

My 360 has returned to being my handly DVD player once more when I got fed up of playing Fable. Meh. And my previous one broke so I'm ticked.

[EDIT]I have Gears btw. And played it online alot with friends on a different forum. I hate it ><.

Bleh, I'm an angry old man me.

Jay61 said:
I bought my Wii on launch day and I'm still playing it all the time..like..this second infact.

My 360 has returned to being my handly DVD player once more when I got fed up of playing Fable. Meh. And my previous one broke so I'm ticked.

(how are you playing and typing at the same time?)

that's very nice... you obviously like the games that are out now... i don't... i prefer more shootie-uppie type games (always have)... the wii lacks 'em...

i'm all for party games and the like... but at 1700 (when i typically get home =( ) nobody really wants to be jumping around after a hard days work, at least that's what i found.

---

Fable rocked. Can't wait for Fable 2 - you get a puppy ^^

---

360 DVD player? ... you have to buy a remote... i'll stick to my DivX DVD player.

Yeah sorry I came off a bit OTT there for a mo heh...

My Wii/360/TV are right next to my PC...I'm a lucky boy :p

Fable 2 will rock <3 I wants me an evil dawg.

And I just use my controller for a remote...I keep pressing buttons by accident while I watch mind :lol:

Back