Is a wii worth buying without a reciept?

kosher chocolate

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2007
I see a good deal on ebay but it doesnt say anywhere if a reciept is included. Is the wii going to be impossible to get fixed or get a warantee for without a reciept?

I suggest not buying it through Ebay, it may or may not be an import, and if it is there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Check your local Bestbuys and Targets for more information.

kosher chocolate said:
but if I did buy it would nintendo cover me without a reciept.

The system just came out, so yeah you would be covered, but only if it's a system within your region. If it's from another region, more than likely you'll have to deal with them.

DFW = Dallas/Fort Worth

It is not like they are sitting around on shelves like the PS3 and 360. But there are so many GameStops in the area as well as Targets and Wally World that I see people buying them everyday.

And it is not like I am in all the stores around here. The gamestop closest to me where I got my Wii had them in stock yesterday as did the local Wally World. Probably not the case today but there will be some in another store just a few miles a way. Anyone with a phone can just call around and get one in the same day around here....

How about you ask the seller if they have the receipt they can send you, or if it's included.

EBay does have that feature, correct?

If you can look at craigslist if you live in the states. That's where I picked mine up for the same price as in the store. Met the guy at the Walmart near my house and I got to open the box and make sure it was all together. Also had the recipt with him.

I would suggest buying it if you can meet up with them as if its faulty you know where they are and they arnt exactly going to give you a faulty Wii in person as that would be too risky.

It's a rule on eBay that you have to include your eBay name and the receipt in the picture. If the auction does not have that, do not even bid. It's not worth getting f*cked over.

Back