is anyone else having problems with ...

Well, I found out the problem on my end with the damn device - or should I say the damn network. I had everything un-installed and was looking around the network settings. Seeing as my roommates were the ones that hooked up the connection, I thought I would just take a look at what they had it set to.

Come to find out both of the computers that are tied to this have a random IP settings. Duh - of course the bloody device won't work with a random IP. Why? You cannot get internet sharing access with it. So, I just went into both of the connections and just changed the IP of one to 192.168.0.1 and the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Then in the other, since I want internet connection sharing, 192.168.0.2 - subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, but in order for both of the computers to share I have to place a DNS server address.
Which is just the first IP address - 192.168.0.1.

Then I reinstalled the Nintendo program, while the firewalls were turned off, connected the USB device and BAM, it works. It completely works. I have no more problems. I wish I would have found it sooner.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM if this has confused you in anyway.

Last edited:
Yes - this is true. It was intended for XP. They have released version 1.06 which is for Vista owners. It has more problems with vista. Good thing I have XP. lol

mine is doing some thing odd as well it says I'm connected but then i try to go online and it fails. is it the fire wall Cooke's? i said allow the wii adapter and allow all cookers i can find that have anything to do with it what now? it woks if i shot down the fire wall completely so what givers. Im on Windows XP

I noticed that the Wifi app doesn't start with windows. I had to start it manually, then it works no problem.
Don't forget, for those of you that it's never worked for, check your settings on your firewall.

Make sure that the Wifi app is allowed full access to the net.

Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations.

"Trusted" Applications:
If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe )
Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
SoftAPInstDrv.bin
mdriver.exe

"Trusted" IP Ranges:
There are also potential ranges of IP addresses that may need to be added to the "trusted zone" for your software firewall or PC security program for Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector users. Each of these would need to be opened up for TCP and UDP traffic, or for some firewalls or security programs, added as a "trusted zone." Please consult the manual for your firewall or security program for more specific information.

192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
172.16.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
0.0.0.0 subnet mask 255.255.255.255

Check your settings, and make sure the Wifi app is still running!! :)

when I tried to run it says connection has limited or no connectivity, when I do a status check it says network didn't assign an IP and stuff like that. What am I supposed to do?

I am also having a lot of trouble with the usb connector. I've got it installed, and it connects...but only sometimes. When it does connect it either has an extremely weak signal and constantly disconnects and reconnects, or it has a full signal but stays connected for about 50 seconds, then 10 seconds of disconnection follows, then it reestablishes the connection again and again.

This makes no sense to me, I don't get why it can't keep a connection. At least half the time it's okay for updates, check mii out, shop channel, etc, but it still fails sometimes and I don't think I would be able to play online without a stable connection.

I have XP of course, and I think version 1.1. Oh, and would a better version be very likely to help?

Last edited:
Back