Is anyone elses Mario Kart broken?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Ok so I have Mario Kart 64 on my Wii and when I play mulitplayer on different courses there is something wrong with the course like no music, or no item sounds or the karts are TOO slow stuff like that does this happen to anyone else or should I just re download it?

Only error i ever heard about was the No Saving "Ghost File" stuff. Did they ever fix that? (like can you save your data?)

PtonJalken said:
Only error i ever heard about was the No Saving "Ghost File" stuff. Did they ever fix that? (like can you save your data?)
Yeah I can its just that the music is messed and on some Battle Tracks the carts are slower.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean. The karts run normal when i play 2 and 3 player multiplayer, but when i throw that 4th person into the mix it starts going way slow.

But didnt Nintendo release an upgrade that fixed all that in the Shop Channel?

^In the UK in the US we have no upgrades for any games, I checked.

odd, i havent played this yet on vc, but did see come youtube vids about moo moo farm being turbo speed for some reason, but they loved it anyway :arf:

the fact that fixes were released on one shop channel means others might be getting them sometime aswell

really cant Nintendo focus on fixing games that have problems instead of not caring? We give them money they provide us with good software.

GaryT85 said:
odd, i havent played this yet on vc, but did see come youtube vids about moo moo farm being turbo speed for some reason, but they loved it anyway :arf:

was it on 150CCs?

anyways, im also experiencing the no save ghost files which is wierd becaues its like it needs to have that N64 memory card in order to save (just like old times) :( odd.

i wonder if that will be fixed or i wonder what would happen if i used a GC memory card?

Robertking1123 said:
im sure she knew tha.t she was asking is that what it was on since it was going that fast.

exactly thanks :)

on 2 player it goes REALLY fast. im used to it but my bf complained and we play at 50CC or 100CC which is a tad bit slower on 2 player mode

on one player mode 150CC isnt that fast but pretty hard ;)

I had a problem with no sound effects for the second player when playing in two player mode

ie: if second player got a star, you wouldnt hear the invincibility music

Australia was the place where the upgrade was given, it did fix those minor things while playing in 4 player battle mode. The no ghost save data thing is cause the programers didn't feel like putting it in probably, but that is the only thing that can't be saved, all other cups can be saved. Only your ghost in time trial is affected by it.

laderer5 said:
150ccd is a difficulty. it goes 50cc (Easy), 100cc (Medium), 150cc(Hard)

The carts are also quicker as the engine size increases. Look at your lap time records for each engine size.

I've noticed that there is more slow down when playing gamecube games than I remember. I was playing Mario Sunshine the other day and just walking along gelato beach while spraying water left and right caused some slowdown. I don't remember this being an issue on the real gamecube.

Back