is anyone using their wii web browser

JAKE196 said:
you can go on any site. However It takes forever to type unless you have a USB keyboard plugged in. Also the browser has rather crappy flash support.

yep what Jake said but I think Nintendo may negotiate to get an update on wii to support the latest Java and support flash 8 I hope they may do that so all wii internet surfers will be happy.

MRCOOLGH said:
yep what Jake said but I think Nintendo may negotiate to get an update on wii to support the latest Java and support flash 8 I hope they may do that so all wii internet surfers will be happy.
i agree with mrcool and im using my wii browser now and i have the keyboard so im pretty content with the browser but the improvments would complete the expirience

I haven't bought it yet, but I will use it heaps especially for dailymotion and youtube yay!!

Edit: Can i watch videos that are stored on my wii SD card or i only can use it for photos? I haven't noticed that wii has any sort of multimedia player built-in.

I had a go when I downloaded it but have no real need for it.

Marc said:
I had a go when I downloaded it but have no real need for it.

Same here - plinked around for a bit, checked out a few of my regular sites (which looked pretty good). I even paid for it :)

I did use it to show some carshow pics to my Dad (nothing beats showing them on a 50" set). I haven't tried the USB keyboard update which I imagine makes things much better.

The only "non-Game" function we've used a few times (and really like) is the photo album using an SD card - the resizing and rotation is fast, and better than using the camera (since it has a nice remote).

~DT

they need to make the keyboard work with flash game and also make it so tab and enter works like they do on a pc

You can already go on veoh, youtube, dailymation, etc etc.

vid sites are fine

well yea i have downloaded and when i cant get on the computer because my brother is on it then i get on the wii web broswer instead

Back