Is brawl getting old?

Reach your skill limit, huh?

Well I've been there too, what you have to do is admit that you are not good, and that you're character is not good as he seems to be. (unless you main mk of course, everybody knows what he can do).

That's what I say to everyone, lol. I'm praised too much, really. I have no technical skill, my "mind games" are flawed, and I'm predictable.

If you think you reached a certain limit that's because you are playing your character wrong, or you are just doing the same thing over and over.

Exactly! :D I'm too lazy/not interested enough to change my ways, though. I'm no longer a competitive player, after all.

oh and try to stick to one main character, having multiple mains won't help. :[

That's what I tell all the newbies, even though I have two mains myself, lol (it's not like I work on my Meta anyways, he's just broken that way).

UGH Brawl will never get old. My wii is broken I have not played brawl in i dont know how long I AM DIEING TO PLAY IT! BRAWL FOREVER LOL!

Reach your skill limit, huh?

Well I've been there too, what you have to do is admit that you are not good, and that you're character is not good as he seems to be. (unless you main mk of course, everybody knows what he can do).

Start from scratch, start learning match-ups, practice and try out new stuff. If you think you reached a certain limit that's because you are playing your character wrong, or you are just doing the same thing over and over.

I used to do that with Marth. I would play everybody the same way, I would use the same tactics, and all that jazz, and I would win 80% of the time. At that time, I thought I was really good. Then I started playing really good people, and they would just read me like a book, and punish me for doing alot of dumb stuff.

That's why now, my playstyle with Marth, differs for every character I play. Plus its always fun learning match-ups and what not.

You are right. I thought that I was really good and I joined the ladder matches at AiB and I'm not doing to good. I loose about 2-3 matches for each win I get. I have a couple of mains and I see that it's kind of good having more than one. I think that having two mains and about 3-4 subs is a good balance set for me.

Idk ill try to get bak on brawl but for now so stuck on mkw.
I should be unbanned from wifi and that cursed error code 20102.
I got banned just for having the homebrew channel and nintendo is suppose to call me bak today.

I got banned just for having the homebrew channel and nintendo is suppose to call me bak today.

I didn't know that you could get banned for having the Homebrew Channel. What can't you do when you are banned?

What?!

I run brawl thru homebrew and sometimes play online, and I'm not banned. D:

I only run Homebrew for texture hacks and the replay code.

Do you like play brawl+ online and what not? If you do, that may be the reason why they banned you.

I agreed with everything you said until here. Personally, if I stick to one character all the time, that's when it gets repetitive. Then I start doing really bad.

Also, it depends on how competitive you are. In competitive Brawl it's not a bad idea to have 2-3 great mains for the sake of match-ups and bad counterpicked stages.

I don't play brawl to get banned. Ihacked mkw on wifi and nintendo sent out a banwave on July 2. Look up error code 20102 on YouTube. It tells you everything.
Nintendo still havmt called me yet so I'm still banned. It's a great depression for the hackers since that day. Once u get banned you won't be able to go on any other wifi games. Since nintendo banned people by mac addresses

I agreed with everything you said until here. Personally, if I stick to one character all the time, that's when it gets repetitive. Then I start doing really bad.

Also, it depends on how competitive you are. In competitive Brawl it's not a bad idea to have 2-3 great mains for the sake of match-ups and bad counterpicked stages.
Yeah, its only good to have up to 2 characters. But if you train and learn the match-ups with your main, then you won't have any problems, other than counterpick stages.

In tournaments I go all Marth (yes I'm that awesome lol), and I always place fair, except when there is pools, I seem to do bad in those. I don't change characters for any reason, because I devoted too much time to Marth.

So yeah, that's my point of view in that.

Remember its not the character its the player.

I agree with you,that's why i main everyone :p

That falls in the category of you spacing yourself, and trying not to do any mistakes, so you won't get gimp due to the bad recovery of x character.

That's why you have to learn what to do in certain situations. Like I've seen lots of good Olimars in tourneys, and I hardly see them get gimped, (and Olimar has the 3rd worst recovery in the game), that's because they know what they are doing.

Back