Is component Majorly Diffrent?

Dec 23, 2006
West Mids, England.
Wii Online Code
4655-2810-0795-9892
Just got a HD TV Samsung 23" today, turned on the console damn .. the picture is fairly blurry around objects and stuff i then tried zelda..
You couldnt make out things, especially distant things. made playing difficult
3000:1 Contrast. (Even had my TV on game mode).

I had set the Wii to the widescreen setting and 60Hz mode.

I just hope this Component Cable im waiting on will fix this mess.

Any opinions/suggestions?

Last edited:
If you search on the word "component," you will find a wealth of information that will answer your question.

If you search on Google, you should even come up with a screen shot comparison.

Anything on a HDTV running at 480i will sorta blurry or washout on a 720p TV. If you upgrade to the component cables it will solve it for you. I have the 32" Samsung HDTV LCD 4000:1 contrast ratio and everything looks great on it.

It will look better, but how much better really depends on your television. Mine looks fine, but I invested about 1G in a HDTV. So hopefully with the cords the picture will be satisfactory for you. Anyhow, it is no less fun either way!!

spirit0flight said:
Just got a HD TV Samsung 23" today, turned on the console damn .. the picture is fairly blurry around objects and stuff i then tried zelda..
You couldnt make out things, especially distant things. made playing difficult
3000:1 Contrast. (Even had my TV on game mode).

I had set the Wii to the widescreen setting and 60Hz mode.

I just hope this Component Cable im waiting on will fix this mess.

Any opinions/suggestions?

i get the same problem when hooking up my wii to a HDTV with just normal RCA. Componet will make it all beter allthough im still waiting for mine in the mail.

TY for all your Replys, Still waiting for my Component Cable, Hope it comes soon.. - Had to order an Unofficial one as no Official is around in the UK looks like we only had a small shipment same as US after they re-leased it. ;<

Back