Is final fantasy coming?

nickz2112

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2007
cleveland
Wii Online Code
7171-0126-0181-9068
are the original final fantasy games for supernes and nes going to come the virtual console? it could really use some good rpg's, breath of fire is ok and i can only beat paper mario so many times. i know actraiser is a square-enix game and it's on the vc, but how bout the final fantasy series?

Actraiser has been released, showing that Square-Enix is supporting VC, but I'm not sure about the Final Fantasy series. I think Square-Enix reckons it can make more money out of them via the handheld consoles (like the GBA rereleases and the recent Final Fantasy III remake).

I don't think it's a case of whether or not Squeenix is supporting VC, I think it's just that most of the original FF (1-6) series has been rereleased on other platforms over the past 2 years, so we probably won't see them put on the VC for a couple more years.

Square is releasing FF games on the DS. Square knows there is money in it. We may get enchanced versions of the games later.

"Sagema rolls his dice and gets a 5, looks like no FF games next week."

Square-Enix has recently decided to side with Nintendo as well as Sony. That is why they are releasing FF games on the DS and Chronicles on the Wii.

Napalmbrain said:
Actraiser has been released, showing that Square-Enix is supporting VC, but I'm not sure about the Final Fantasy series. I think Square-Enix reckons it can make more money out of them via the handheld consoles (like the GBA rereleases and the recent Final Fantasy III remake).
Thats exactly what I read in a magazine. Square Enix can make a LOT more money by continuing to release them for other formats such as the GBA and the DS, than by placing the FF games onto the VC library.

Back