is gamefly worth it?

fakemxcan

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2006
i was wondering if you guys had any personal reviews of gamefly? is it worth it? do you think its better than having to buy games all time? lemme know your personal expirience with it, thanks

I did the 10 day trial a month ago. 10 days isn't really enough to fully test the service IMO. Anyways I only able to rent 3 games because most of the games were always on "short wait". When I mailed my game on a monday morning, I would get the next game in my queue by Thursday afternoon. 4 day turn around was just too long for me, and I live in the same state as them. Netflix got my movies with in 2 days. I canceled after my trial because of that and my queue just sat around waiting for games to be sent. And what sucks is when you send back your game, your next queue would say available, but by the time GF receives the game (2 days for me) the game becomes unavailable. I just have Wii games in my Q because that's the only system I have. Its not for me I guess, it might be for you. Go do the trial and find out, doesn't hurt to try.

If you do decide to stay, try to cancel your account and when you're about to confirm it, they'll try to sell you $15 for your first month. You save $6

i do gamesnflix 3 selections at a time movies and games for 17 bucks a month and ive been pretty satisfied

Wiianator said:
i do gamesnflix 3 selections at a time movies and games for 17 bucks a month and ive been pretty satisfied

my family uses netflix and i suggested that to my dad and he said it looked....idk, like bad quality or somethin and he didnt like the movie selection, which bummed me out cuz now i have to rent from blockbuster who only have wario ware,tony hawk, cod3, and zelda. three of which i have played/own and i have no interest in renting tony hawk

Joshieca said:
GameZnFlix seems to good to be true...whats the catch?? How long does it take to get em? How is the selection?

that was my dad's attitude especially the *whats the catch??* part, but its hard to not be paranoid about these sites especially since hardly anybody uses/ knows about gameznflix.

scubasteve said:
that was my dad's attitude especially the *whats the catch??* part, but its hard to not be paranoid about these sites especially since hardly anybody uses/ knows about gameznflix.

I did a google search for reviews on them and they seem to be ok...the same or better then the Netflix, Gamefly, BB, etc. They have many centers, four just on the west coast alone, so its good news to see that the might be getting stuff out to you faster....they give a 14 day free trial so maybe I will try them before Gamefly -- they are cheaper even if you are just renting games.

Here are their shipping centers:
Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL

I have Netflix and I get most DVD's in one day...one time I returned a DVD at 8AM to my school's post office and Netflix had that same day...how that happened I still wonder. :yikes:

gamesnflix usually has it the same day and my mail cpmes around 3pm. it varies sometimes 1 to 2 days (mostly) sometimes 3 to 4, no difference than the others

I am trying out gameznflix.com. Rent games and movies online. I have the 3 out plan for $14 I think. 1 for games and 2 for movies.

I love Gamefly. I've been with them for about 3 years now. My only complaint is what's already been mentioned about the shipping times. If I mail a DVD back to Netflix on a Monday, my next one is here on Wednesday. With Gamefly, I think I mailed back a game last Thursday or Friday, they shipped the next one out this past Monday, and I still haven't gotten it. I haven't had many problems with the waiting, though. The only time I've ever gotten a scratched or unplayable disc was YEARS ago when I rented Agent Under Fire for GameCube. Obviously back then, the "Short Wait" problem was even lower because Gamefly was just starting out and barely anyone had it compared to now. I remember being all sad when I saw them start to advertise on TV haha
Anyway, I'm just hoping with all the advertising and stuff that they pick up and open more shipping centers or something. I was also with Netflix before they were big and they used to be the exact same way Gamefly is now and then out of nowhere it was suddenly shipping centers all over the place.

Hey guys, been a while since I posted (used to post as wiihope when I was still wii hunting).

I've been trying out different game rental services. Gamefly impressed me with the best mailing packaging so far, sturdy cardboard sleeves that go over the regular floppy ones.

Service was pretty fast too. I had a long trial due to a special arrangement and I ended up having too many games for me to play at a time.

I currently have a Blockbuster Online account, you get one free coupon a month to use for a game or a movie. The game rental is only good for 5 days (well, 12 if you push their "no late fee" thing). And it isn't mailed to you. But it's pretty good if you live near a Blockbuster and if you also rent movies.

I've also tried Gameznflix. Movie selection sucks. Game selection during the trial period sucks too. They don't tell you up front but during the trial they grey out a lot of games. I'm not sure of the criteria they use but most of the Wii games I wanted to rent I couldn't rent and even some Gamecube ones. I ended up renting the Gamecube version of Rampage, Gamecube version of Tomb Raider and Elebits from them.

The price was cheap though.

I'm going to try out a few more services too what I might do is go with Gameznflix at the lowest rate and then use my Blockbuster one strictly for trial stuff for reviewing purposes. We'll see. As it is I have games that I own that I haven't finished (Twlight Princess being one of them).

i was wondering about this too, but Blockbusters or whatevers service now lets you return movies/games back to the store and let you pick one up there, so its faster

Back