Is Gamestop/EB Games good with their trade-ins?

Scuba Kid

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
Wii Online Code
6069-2332-3129-0150
I have Excite Truck but I basically never play this game anymore....grew boring pretty fast. Just wondering if Gamestop or EB would give me a decent amount of store credit for it if i went to trade it in to go towards another game.

HECK NA!!! NO there use to be better with trade-ins intill they bought like every video game store to leave them basically the only ones left.(There are still diff. ones)

Yeah, i figured they sucked. I was thinking ebay, but Excite Truck is going for only around $20 and after Ebay costs its not really worth it.

Does Gamecrazy do trade-ins?

I know that GameSpot partially rips you off. For example, they'll give you $10 (£5) for a used GameCube. However, I will continue to suggest GameSpot over eBay any day. eBay charges you to sell on their site and there's no guarantee somebody will buy your product.

My Advice: Try Craigslist (website) or Gamespot

Ironically enough I just got back from gamestop... I traded in all my old ps2 games and 4 ps3 games. I got 93 cents (tiger woods golf from 2004 or 2003) to 19.50 for a splinter cell game for ps3. They had a deal going where if you traded in 5 or more games they added 30% to your total so I got about 75 dollars store credit and walked away with Zelda: Twilight Princess and Res Evil 4 for about 74 used. I'm pretty happy with it...

Ironically, though they're owned by the same company, in my area, Gamestop is horrible with it's trade-ins, but EB Games is good. :/

Ironically, "ironically" was just used to start a post 4 times in a row, counting this one. :p

they will rip you off, around 20-27 dollars for a fifty dollar game.
but they DO have the monopoly on trade-ins so unless you can sell it to a friend or have an ebay account then your gonna have to trade it in there or just keep it. i trade in games all the time, its a great system, they just underpay.. :/

I doubt it. You could return a brand new game after playing it once and get 25$, but they'll sell you the "floor copy" of games (the ones they leave out to play) for$50

Ya I took in some Gamecube games to trade and they offered me like 50 cents for each one. The Wii games they offered between $10-$20, and then they turn around and sell them for like $40-$45 used

i traded in some PS2 games at blockbuster and got $4, $6 and $8 each for them. Not bad as I called other places like EBgames and they sucked at trade in values.

Back