Is it just me or does the Wii looks like crap on a flat screen??

damnyooneek

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
I started playing the wii on a CRT with the composite wires and it looked great. the graphics really looked decent. i switched to a HDTV LCD with component wires and now everything is jagged and not as smooth as the CRT? is it because the resolution of my tv is higher than what the wii puts out so everything is more pixelated? I really hope nintendo comes out with some kind of update that supports higher resolutions because this 480p doesnt cut it.

damnyooneek said:
I started playing the wii on a CRT with the composite wires and it looked great. the graphics really looked decent. i switched to a HDTV LCD with component wires and now everything is jagged and not as smooth as the CRT? is it because the resolution of my tv is higher than what the wii puts out so everything is more pixelated? I really hope nintendo comes out with some kind of update that supports higher resolutions because this 480p doesnt cut it.

this is why you should get a 360 or ps3

I smell a fanboy.

The logical thing to do would be to switch back to the CRT if it looked so good compared to your HDTV.

But no, you had to come on the internet and post a thread. Do you have any logic at all?

the man isn't satisfied with the graphics of the wii... so why not get a 360 or a ps3 because obviously he isn't satisfied.. maybe the other consoles will satisfy him?

i do also have a xbox 360. maybe thats why it's so apparent to me. i was just wondering if thats how it is with everyone else? i thought maybe its because of my settings?

alocubano1110 said:
the man isn't satisfied with the graphics of the wii... so why not get a 360 or a ps3 because obviously he isn't satisfied.. maybe the other consoles will satisfy him?

Why...that sounds like the logical and sensible thing to do!

Okay looks like a solution has been reached!

No one post about why one console is better than the other now!:hand:

damnyooneek said:
i do also have a xbox 360. maybe thats why it's so apparent to me. i was just wondering if thats how it is with everyone else?

i dont know, i haven't tried my wii on my 55inch hdtv, i dont even have the component cables.

maybe ur great Big HDTV only supports standard def and high def and skips out on 480p enhanced def just like a number of HDTVs? ever wonder that?

nope it says 480p on my tv settings. i see a difference between the composite and component wires but it doesnt look as good as when it was on a crt.

damnyooneek said:
nope it says 480p on my tv settings. i see a difference between the composite and component wires but it doesnt look as good as when it was on a crt.

OFFTOPPIC:if you had a choice between the wii or the 360 over gameplay, and overall experience what would you say you liked better?

both have theirnegative and positive sides. the wii is exteremly fun but the graphics and realism of the games arent as good as the xbox 360. the xbox 360's online gameplay is the best out of any system but it costs money. thats the reason why i have both.

Back