Is it just me, or is Call of Duty not worth the money?

Haz

Nintendo Encyclopedia
Nov 22, 2006
England, UK
I'm highly disappointed with the Wii version of Call of Duty, I had such high hopes after owning COD 1, UO, 2 and the one on the cube...... but this instalment fails to deliver to the high standard that I expected.

Why am I so pissed off? Read on..

1. The game suffers astronomically from slowdown / lag which results in the controls being totally unresponsive and you're little man doing some kind of Irish Jig on the screen while pointing his gun aimlessly around. Thus making the game an effort and removing some of the enjoyment factor as you're trying to retake control.

2. No replay value what so ever. Possibly because the game is so short that the first level is more fresh in your mind than the morning newspaper.

3. Not being able to skip the cinematic sequences. This is just plain annoying.

4. No real objectives except shoot people..... No get the documents etc

5. Way to easy - no real challenge. Basically told and shown what to do on each mission. No opportunity for personal thought or strategic planning.

6. The hand to hand combat (wrestling with the gun) is lame and a waste of time.

7. I would prefer to of driven with the analogue stick that tilt my Wii Remote around - a lame attempt to incorporate Wii technology.

8. Sound irregularities. Reload sounds would not play / background music would cut out. Possibly the result of porting.

So, come the weekend, this game will be traded in - Yes I hate it that much.

Thoughts?..

your not alone my friend. my mate is a big CoD fan and he says this game is appaling and traded it in for Excite Truck within 2 days

i totally agree with the OP, i bought it when i first bought my Wii and it's pretty bad

i've only played the first level and then put it on the shelf

i didnt like COD for the wii either. i played it and "enjoyed it" but it was too short. i like it better for the PC.

maybe ill like it if i do it with the wiigun or something.

Call Of Duty right now is my favorite game on the Wii. I love this game so much. This is just my opinion but I believe it deserved a higher score from Gamespot.

I don't know exactly what your talking about in #1. but i believe thats your fault with the controls. I never experience lag myself.

People have their opinions and I understand completely why some people would hate this game. I see some of these faults you explained myself.

I Loved That Game... But Chambois Was A Pain In The @$$...

Great Game In My Opinion THough...

But Everyone's Entitled To Thier Own I Guess...

I had no lag issues, but I agree that the hand-to-hand is silly.

I played the other COD's on my PC, and with the mouse/keyboard combo, and graphics that kill (I have a high-end machine), the Wii version was a let down for me.
I wouldn't say it sucked though, just that I was disappointed.

So these lag issues... could they be a fault with my disc or Wii or what?

Help?

um wtf? You want a challenge in Cod3? Go to hard level and it will be like real war. 1 hit in head dead. 2-3 hits on body dead. Yes I know it's short but its a game that I like.

Chauntecleer said:
I played the other COD's on my PC, and with the mouse/keyboard combo, and graphics that kill (I have a high-end machine), the Wii version was a let down for me.
I wouldn't say it sucked though, just that I was disappointed.
Agreed, COD2 for the PC is amazing (AI, sound, graphics, even online multi-player) even the original is awsome. Then theres the Wii version of COD3 which just doesn't seem as thrilling as most COD games/versions.

I loved the first 30 minutes it was amazing then it was like meh so I beat easy and moved on to hard as I do in all games and that was really fun for like an hour then meh

Back