is it just me whos bored.

Our family bought the wii last year, the novelty seemed to wear out after around 6 months, i believe this is simply down to games suited to individuals, i think that the first games released were directed @ such a large target audience, now thier refining the games to categories, i.e, action, family, horror, by refining the gaming aspect can everyone get a game they love!
also i can't wait till tenkaichi 3 online comes outs, cus i think for allot of people including myself, love online play, its the best! until then i've been forcing myself to play on the wii, cus i got nothing else to do.

so the cause:
-lack of segmentation in the gaming variety side of things
-for people like me, the computer isn't challenging anymore, and we're waiting to get connected to comptetent oppononents

Games i reccommend you should all look out for:
-Call of Duty Heroes 2 (upto 32 players on a game)
-Tenkaichi 3 (cool fighting game)

If you find the wii boring (i did for a VERY short time) i suggest getting either a 360 or PS3, i got a PS3 as i am a shooter and sports fan, and i now have the perect mix of fun with the wii and great graphics and shooters with the PS3.

Why the boredom? It's this what rival fanboys have become? Also too why should we worry about certain gamers being bored? Put frankly should we even care? I mean if you like nintendo games then this year has been really nice. Then on top of that you have the VC.

I'm starting to wonder here. I think lots of gamers are bored this year due to the hyped games not really having any replay value. Basically it seems you have a lot of Xbox and PS3 owners going to nintendo forums to basically spread their displeasure about nintendo in what seems to be an attempt to get people to ignore why they got a Wii. I don't know many people who don't have access to online gaming. If you do then why complain?

The reason stem from the fact that they may be tech guys that need high specs. This would include GC owners who actually got a GC because they knew it was more powerful than a PS2. These guys are not happy with the specs of this system(Wii).

Then you have the kiddy image trolls which don't really exsist any more since the Wii is seen as more of an adult console than the HD systems right now due to age groups.

Lots of these gamers are worried about imagine way more than gaming also. They need online gaming to keep their list of friends in order.

Then you have the people who don't like hard games. These people hate the VC and got bored with Wii sports because it was too easy. The VC will kick your a$$ and I'm sure most people have not beat most of the good games on there! A lot of skill is required.

I mean basically you just end up with a Myspace with guns for gaming which is your live account. "Gamers" want this stuff so desperately now but why? It's on other systems and it IS the main reason why replay value has dropping in our current games. Halo kicked the hell out of every thing!

I'm starting to feel as though most of the people complaining on the internet didn't even own a SNES or Genesis. So really they don't know what they are missing. I feel like these players are more like a bunch of PC gamers that just got tired of the upgrade game.As a hardcore gamer that has played since the atari I have to say I'm bored with the PS era completely. Some nice graphics yet once I beat some thing really do I want to play it again. I'm still waiting on the fun games to appear on those systems which is weird.

The Wii' line up has games I will keep playing for a while. One key thing missing from lots of games is the lack of practice to get good at it. It's almost like being in college and speed reading a book so that you can get started on that 17 page paper discussing it! I mean in a nut shell those are a few thing that are broken about the current gen of Hardcore gamers that are popping up on the internet.

It is very easy to see this divide also. All you have to do is talk about online gaming VS multiplayer gaming. Or ask who has played and beat some of the harder games from the 16bit era.

All in all I'm not bored of my Wii. I just bought r-type 3, wreching crew and shinobi. Hey but if your not a real hardcore gamer then call your self what you are an Online gamer or some thing because the hardcore span many types of gaming and they welcome all new comers.

You can not like the Wii and be hardcore because it has a lot of the foundation which made us older gamers hardcore. I knew this would happen and really this was the true reason why so many people hated the PS brand when it came out. Yet it won due to the fact that hardcore gamers wanted to play games more than deal with the political side of gaming. SONY and MS are great companies really! Yet the same thing the so called hardcore hate about casual gaming today is the same thing the generation before them hated. Which was the dumbing down of gaming.

So now back to the current problem at hand. Please ask your self why you game?
To keep up with your friends online or become part of a gaming community?
Because games with no online parts are boring(because you give up on them, or your just not good enough).
Do you play games just for the story?
Do you play just because you THINK they are cool?

At the heart you have to really like GAMING rather than the thing I explained above. If thats the case then you are not hardcore. Hell tetris is a mini game by todays standards yet those standards are why you maybe bored, because gaming has never just been about one thing other than gaming.

At the core of gaming is the fact we all play for the challenge. The Graphics are actually the Iceing. With out online play where would HD gaming be? You have to wonder...

Well that's enough for me but I don't remember hardcore gamers complaining so much about being bored. I mean really it would be like a Skee ball player going to the arcade and complaining there where not enough ticket yielding games LOL. You would just show them the newest arcade game.

I see this gen producing way more unhappy gamers due to the fact most of you complaining started on the first real casual system created the PS brand. What is funny is it only appealed to people as a movie player which had nothing to do with games unless you play final fantasy. Then the games came.

So basically the Wii is appealing to every one who grew up off some thing that was not a PS system. Which is why the demand is also higher. They may be mini but they are more of a game than a blue ray movie.

Basically try some thing new and if you can beat it easily then you should be bored as a gamer yet if this is the case you should really be a professional gamer! Also too most professional gamers actually want a Wii which is weird huh?

Hey try some old school games if you don't have the money for the new school HD stuff.

Singhson said:
Our family bought the wii last year, the novelty seemed to wear out after around 6 months, i believe this is simply down to games suited to individuals, i think that the first games released were directed @ such a large target audience, now thier refining the games to categories, i.e, action, family, horror, by refining the gaming aspect can everyone get a game they love!
also i can't wait till tenkaichi 3 online comes outs, cus i think for allot of people including myself, love online play, its the best! until then i've been forcing myself to play on the wii, cus i got nothing else to do.

so the cause:
-lack of segmentation in the gaming variety side of things
-for people like me, the computer isn't challenging anymore, and we're waiting to get connected to comptetent oppononents

Games i reccommend you should all look out for:
-Call of Duty Heroes 2 (upto 32 players on a game)
-Tenkaichi 3 (cool fighting game)

If you need a challenge then please play quake 3, ET:QW on the PC. BWii on the Wii can be a good game online if the other person knows how to play...LOL

kmcheng said:
people still love to bash the wii, aren't they?
and they think wii sucks just because "they don't like it", and think that if hard core gamers don't like it, then means the console sucks... What kind of logic is that?
And I don't think just the FPS would determine if a game is good or not. Over 100 FPS can still be a stupid game. People just got stuck with the mindset that good graphic/high FPS = good game... For PC, xbox and PS3, yeah, because this is all they can count on.

I noticed this reasoning on many wii boards. I don't understand it either....

WiitnessID said:
Why the boredom? It's this what rival fanboys have become? Also too why should we worry about certain gamers being bored? Put frankly should we even care? I mean if you like nintendo games then this year has been really nice. Then on top of that you have the VC.

I'm starting to wonder here. I think lots of gamers are bored this year due to the hyped games not really having any replay value. Basically it seems you have a lot of Xbox and PS3 owners going to nintendo forums to basically spread their displeasure about nintendo in what seems to be an attempt to get people to ignore why they got a Wii. I don't know many people who don't have access to online gaming. If you do then why complain?

The reason stem from the fact that they may be tech guys that need high specs. This would include GC owners who actually got a GC because they knew it was more powerful than a PS2. These guys are not happy with the specs of this system(Wii).

Then you have the kiddy image trolls which don't really exsist any more since the Wii is seen as more of an adult console than the HD systems right now due to age groups.

Lots of these gamers are worried about imagine way more than gaming also. They need online gaming to keep their list of friends in order.

Then you have the people who don't like hard games. These people hate the VC and got bored with Wii sports because it was too easy. The VC will kick your a$$ and I'm sure most people have not beat most of the good games on there! A lot of skill is required.

I mean basically you just end up with a Myspace with guns for gaming which is your live account. "Gamers" want this stuff so desperately now but why? It's on other systems and it IS the main reason why replay value has dropping in our current games. Halo kicked the hell out of every thing!

I'm starting to feel as though most of the people complaining on the internet didn't even own a SNES or Genesis. So really they don't know what they are missing. I feel like these players are more like a bunch of PC gamers that just got tired of the upgrade game.As a hardcore gamer that has played since the atari I have to say I'm bored with the PS era completely. Some nice graphics yet once I beat some thing really do I want to play it again. I'm still waiting on the fun games to appear on those systems which is weird.

The Wii' line up has games I will keep playing for a while. One key thing missing from lots of games is the lack of practice to get good at it. It's almost like being in college and speed reading a book so that you can get started on that 17 page paper discussing it! I mean in a nut shell those are a few thing that are broken about the current gen of Hardcore gamers that are popping up on the internet.

It is very easy to see this divide also. All you have to do is talk about online gaming VS multiplayer gaming. Or ask who has played and beat some of the harder games from the 16bit era.

All in all I'm not bored of my Wii. I just bought r-type 3, wreching crew and shinobi. Hey but if your not a real hardcore gamer then call your self what you are an Online gamer or some thing because the hardcore span many types of gaming and they welcome all new comers.

You can not like the Wii and be hardcore because it has a lot of the foundation which made us older gamers hardcore. I knew this would happen and really this was the true reason why so many people hated the PS brand when it came out. Yet it won due to the fact that hardcore gamers wanted to play games more than deal with the political side of gaming. SONY and MS are great companies really! Yet the same thing the so called hardcore hate about casual gaming today is the same thing the generation before them hated. Which was the dumbing down of gaming.

So now back to the current problem at hand. Please ask your self why you game?
To keep up with your friends online or become part of a gaming community?
Because games with no online parts are boring(because you give up on them, or your just not good enough).
Do you play games just for the story?
Do you play just because you THINK they are cool?

At the heart you have to really like GAMING rather than the thing I explained above. If thats the case then you are not hardcore. Hell tetris is a mini game by todays standards yet those standards are why you maybe bored, because gaming has never just been about one thing other than gaming.

At the core of gaming is the fact we all play for the challenge. The Graphics are actually the Iceing. With out online play where would HD gaming be? You have to wonder...

Well that's enough for me but I don't remember hardcore gamers complaining so much about being bored. I mean really it would be like a Skee ball player going to the arcade and complaining there where not enough ticket yielding games LOL. You would just show them the newest arcade game.

I see this gen producing way more unhappy gamers due to the fact most of you complaining started on the first real casual system created the PS brand. What is funny is it only appealed to people as a movie player which had nothing to do with games unless you play final fantasy. Then the games came.

So basically the Wii is appealing to every one who grew up off some thing that was not a PS system. Which is why the demand is also higher. They may be mini but they are more of a game than a blue ray movie.

Basically try some thing new and if you can beat it easily then you should be bored as a gamer yet if this is the case you should really be a professional gamer! Also too most professional gamers actually want a Wii which is weird huh?

Hey try some old school games if you don't have the money for the new school HD stuff.

I agree with you.

romj said:
RadNad said:
I haven't got a Wii, but many games look really boring nowadays because Nintendo want everybody involved into gaming, which makes more games easier and user friendly. Thus making the hardcore fans more bored of getting decent games. Bored.
Than the Ps3 and the 360 should satsify you quite nicely.
There are a lot of games on the PS3 I want to play, like the upcoming Tomb Raider: UnderWorld, GRAW 2, Skate and games like those. In fact my cousin is going to be a future PSWii Owner as soon as he can find a Wii and when the PS3 turns even more cheaper...

man, this is crap...
for those who want to play xbox or PS3 instead of Wii, why don't they just go to those console forums instead of keep complaining here? Complain here won't do you any good.

thewiidon said:
they havent bought out any "adult" game, for example something like gta, instead we are "blessed" with paper mario :sick:

Are you ashamed to have games rated below M in your cupboard? Now that really is immature. I have 12 games, all of them G rated except Mario Strikers Charged which is PG (OFLC not ESRB).

And I fail to see anything wrong about Super Paper Mario.

kmcheng said:
man, this is crap...
for those who want to play xbox or PS3 instead of Wii, why don't they just go to those console forums instead of keep complaining here? Complain here won't do you any good.

I so wish....

Pikachu256 said:
Hehe. Yeah I am going to buy a Playstation 3, So I will a PsWii Owner.

Ps3: My Shooters/KINGDOM HEARTS/Racing Game Console
Wii: My Pokemon/Mario Game Console

I wish more people thought like you....

Back