Is it me, or is the Wii a Pre-Teen Machine

Ozweego

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
So I lined up overnight and got a PS3, not even thinking about a Wii at the time. After a couple of days, the Wii hype kept getting bigger and bigger, which intrigued my interest immensely. So I did what anyone would do, I started my Wii Hunt.
After a couple of weeks I scored one at a Gamespot/EB Games. I immediately rented COD3, Red Steel, and Trauma Center 2 and of course have the sports games included. I have to admit, the movement and controller were quite addicting and fun. My girlfriend who mostly hates the idea of videogames is playing Tennis as I type this.
Then I started reading these forums a little closer, such as the games. Rayman, Sonic, etc. Aren't these games normally played by 6 and 7 year olds? Then I realized how juvenile the shooters I had were. COD3 is so bad graphically; you can't see the damage you’re inflicting. Red Steel shows slash marks in the sword fights that immediately disappears, what’s up with that.
Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii, but simply for the Sports or non-violent, non-realistic games.
If you were to take the Motion sensor remote away, I think all you would have is a nicer looking Gamecube, which from what I remembered is a terrible system.
All I can say is that I am very glad I have a PS3, at least that way I will be involved in some Next Generation Gaming going on in 07, not just mere low graphic motion controlled mayhem.

I know allot of you will read this as an attack on the Wii, and that is not what I am trying to do. I just think Nintendo could have taking this great little machine and made it 100 times better. Just by going with better graphics would have probably made it 50 times better.

Well, I just had to get this off my chest and see if anyone else out there is feeling the same way as me.

L8r

Dude. Sorry 2 break it to u but when sonic came out it was a huge success and attracted many people and mos of them were what? Do you know? Yep. Over the ages of 6-7. Not to be rude or anything but this is the truth. Now I do know that the Wii has little kid games but it also has grown up games. Nintendo's goal was to attract all ages. From young to adult to old. That goal succeeded. So, i have looked up some upcoming games and a lot will be big hits that are mature such as MK Armageddon, etc. At this moment there are also *big people* games such as Madden 97, Zelda,(Who doesnt love that), excite truck, dowhill jam, COD3, and many more.

I guess I'm a 40yo pre-teen then since I love Rayman, Elebits, Trauma Center, and have purchased several VC games like Sonic.

I walked away from console gaming after Atari, pretty much disgusted with overly complex and arcane game controls and a complete lack of game creativity when every title involved killing something. Wii has bought creativity back - and is bringing older gamers like myself - back in droves.

Enjoy your PS3 and its blood-spurting realism. Different strokes for different folks!

Shooters are not the ultimate in gaming, despite what you may think. Once you've played one, you've played them all. And the best shooter type game that came out in the last 3 years was RE4 on the GC.
Graphic deaths do not a fun game make.

re

JKarp said:
I guess I'm a 40yo pre-teen then since I love Rayman, Elebits, Trauma Center, and have purchased several VC games like Sonic.

I walked away from console gaming after Atari, pretty much disgusted with overly complex and arcane game controls and a complete lack of game creativity when every title involved killing something. Wii has bought creativity back - and is bringing older gamers like myself - back in droves.

Enjoy your PS3 and its blood-spurting realism. Different strokes for different folks!

You probably dont even know how to work a computer. The days of pong are gone. ps3 controlds are not hard to work. They require a little practice, but its not hard.

billm0066 said:
You probably dont even know how to work a computer. The days of pong are gone. ps3 controlds are not hard to work. They require a little practice, but its not hard.

ouch! that was mean! But yes I do agree, it just takes a bit of practice... of course, not everyone is a gamer

Then I realized how juvenile the shooters I had were. COD3 is so bad graphically; you can't see the damage you’re inflicting. Red Steel shows slash marks in the sword fights that immediately disappears, what’s up with that.
Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii, but simply for the Sports or non-violent, non-realistic games.

Once again another PS3 knob is whinging about the graphics. Go play your 2-3 hour gameplay PS3 if you can't handle real gameplay. I'd like to see a 6-7 year old finish games such as Red Steel, Zelda, Trauma Centre, etc, etc. I bet your still stcuk on the first level, or can't figure out how to get past the title screen you dumb ass.

You've already posted this article before and named it "Have Wii Been Jipped" or something like that. Dont spam articles!

billm0066 said:

And obviously, you haven't strayed far enough from your PS2/3 to actually master the proper utilization of a keyboard and learn how to type english in it's proper form - but who's counting?

Well if you could afford both, then you have the best of both worlds. Personally I think the wii is for the more active people who like the idea of the remote and want to try it out and fall in love, others love Nintendo and most of their games they kinda have their own "thing" with all the games for it. which is great. How can you forget mario?? Didnt u stay up all night playing because you werent able to save? now the wii is 10000 times that system, and everything else and even one better..you can now download that game on the wii. it really catches attention from any one, it even attracted you, a happy ps3 player. Playstation does house a bunch of good games and graphics though! I dont know why people take sides on this site like either you like wii or u like ps3. its all games and they are all fun, xbox360 wii and ps3 are hooked up to my tv. I love it all.
Bottom line Wii is fun and interactive, Ps3 is kick ass in graphics and their game titles! and really put together a great system, however this is a Wii site and I will mostly be talking about wii.

Last edited:
LilWiiWii said:
Well if you could afford both, then you have the best of both worlds. Personally I think the wii is for the more active people who like the idea of the remote and want to try it out and fall in love, others love Nintendo and most of their games they kinda have their own "thing" with all the games for it. which is great. How can you forget mario?? Didnt u stay up all night playing because you werent able to save? now the wii is 10000 times that system, and everything else and even one better..you can now download that game on the wii. it really catches attention from any one, it even attracted you, a happy ps3 player. Playstation does house a bunch of good games and graphics though! I dont know why people take sides on this site like either you like wii or u like ps3. its all games and they are all fun, xbox360 wii and ps3 are hooked up to my tv. I love it all.
Bottom line Wii is fun and interactive, Ps3 is kick ass in graphics and their game titles! and really put together a great system, however this is a Wii site and I will mostly be talking about wii.

AGREED!!

Like another poster said there aint too many 7 year olds who would get very far in Zelda. People need to stop this silly idea that blood in games equals mature, it doesn't, if anything it shows a lack of maturity in gamers who judge a game on it's blood content.

Dude, you have all these great games to look forward to!

Mario Strikers for Wii
Mario Baseball for Wii
Mario Basketball 3 on 3 for Wii
Mariokart for Wii
Paper Mario for Wii
Mario and Luigi for Wii
Super Mario Galaxy for Wii

The list goes on and on!

Last edited:
re

jsgiv said:
And obviously, you haven't strayed far enough from your PS2/3 to actually master the proper utilization of a keyboard and learn how to type english in it's proper form - but who's counting?

Wow I mistyped one word. Congrats at a poor attempt of a burn :tard: If are truly retarded, I hope I didnt offend you with that smiley :D

Back