Is It Possible To Get Viruses Using The Opera Browser?

Er...I presume anything is possible, but I don't think today's viruses would do a whole lot, as most of them run on EXE files.

More than likely not, considering you have little to no vulnerabilities on the wii, and I am pretty sure it doesn't use Active X. And even if you could, someone would have to program one specifically for the wii's firmware, which also doesn't seem too logical.

I was thinking about this too...i wanted to make a ebay account on the wii as its probably more secure...or will it be more or less secure than my iernet on the cumputer im typing on now with only AVG free edition.

i'd do it on my comp - Cause then i could clear all my cookies and also i have an antivirus and spyware removal thing so thats y i wouldn't take my chances on the wii. btw wii does not allow any exe files and ya as someone said most viruses are run on exe files.

after a while some nasty people will come up with some viruses to screw the wii up, always happens. For example i have had a few viruses on my mobile so i assume there will be some present for the wii system, just be careful browsing

Avais100 said:
I was thinking about this too...i wanted to make a ebay account on the wii as its probably more secure...or will it be more or less secure than my iernet on the cumputer im typing on now with only AVG free edition.

No it's not more secure on the Wii. eBay is not some dangerous animal, don't be afraid of it. Just don't be giving your information out all over the place and make sure you buy from trusted sellers.

There's no viruses for this thing. No way to download them from your Wii to the firmware. They've already thought this stuff through, no need for everyone to freak out!

Back