Is it worth replacing sensor bar with a better one?

slewis1972

WiiChat Member
Apr 10, 2007
Hi

Is it worth replacing the sensor bar with a better one - if there is one.

I was looking at getting a Nyko wireless one but was wondering of what the general opinion is.

Scott

I wouldn't but a new one if your current one is functional. A wireless sensor bar is not worth the money since it provides no advantages in gameplay.

Last edited:
slewis1972 said:
Hi

Is it worth replacing the sensor bar with a better one - if there is one.

I was looking at getting a Nyko wireless one but was wondering of what the general opinion is.

Scott

There is no difference in the actual effect on the game. Wireless ones are good because they are useful. All the cable does is provide power to the unit.

You can actually use any two IR emitting objects. Even remote controls can be used (but not to a playable extent)

wait what about like, my sensor bar is way smaller than the length of my TV, and i cant sit far enough away to work well. how do i get around that?

All the sensor bar is is lights. You can actually put it behind you and point the remote backwards and it will work ok. (But why would you want to?)

I discovered yesterday that those screw-in fluorescent bulbs could be used as a sensor bar too- I was calibrating because I just got back off vacation (took the Wii) and there was an extra light showing up-

interesting conversation but does the wireless sensor use batteries also? If so more for the landfills.. Wii!

77punk said:
interesting conversation but does the wireless sensor use batteries also? If so more for the landfills.. Wii!
Just use rechargeables. Simple

i know.. they should have come with the Wiimotes. Thanks Nintendo.. what brand do most use or can someone point me to the post.. ive browsed and havent seen anything about it..

cheers

77punk said:
i know.. they should have come with the Wiimotes. Thanks Nintendo.. what brand do most use or can someone point me to the post.. ive browsed and havent seen anything about it..

cheers
What brand of batteries?

I'm not sure. Just get some high-power rechargeables (2700)

I own the nyko wireless, and its cool if you NEED it. But that thing only works for about 30 hours on new batteries. My opinion is dont buy it unless both your sensor bar and warranty goes out.

I use Energizer Rechargeable 2500 batteries. They will last a few days of constant play with sound and rumble on. I have quite a few, so, when two are charging I can swap two more in.

Though, the Wireless Sensor bar would probably use AAA batteries.

craigkillercraig said:
I own the nyko wireless, and its cool if you NEED it. But that thing only works for about 30 hours on new batteries. My opinion is dont buy it unless both your sensor bar and warranty goes out.
Some people need a wireless one because of a complicated TV set up.

Like if you have the TV on a wall mount, it may not be feasible to have a cable going up to it.

FRuMMaGe said:
Some people need a wireless one because of a complicated TV set up.

Like if you have the TV on a wall mount, it may not be feasible to have a cable going up to it.
I understand but it uses 4 batteries! They coulda used like 1 9volt. O and it uses AA.

Back