Is it worth selling my Wii's games?

Lol do you even own a console besides Wii to know?

I guess Call of Duty 2 sucks along with The Orange Box. Dead Rising is the shittiest game I have and even that has good reviews.

T3kNi9e said:
Lol do you even own a console besides Wii to know?

I guess Call of Duty 2 sucks along with The Orange Box. Dead Rising is the shittiest game I have and even that has good reviews.

I have a 360 as well as Wii

Call of Duty was meh+its old, get COD4 or DIE!!!, Orange box i have for PC so meh, and Dead Rising was boring as hell

Last edited:
CoCo ZomBiE, but i can only play online with a few, slow paced games cuz Wild Blow has crappy up-speed

P.S. Different profile for online, CoCo is offline my bad lol

Ok, 1. Are you insane?
2. If you do by an xbox, it will get busted easily. (unless you put a cooling unit in it.
3. Remember if you do by one you will HAVE to have a high definition tv to go with it! (The reason my dad won't get one for me!)

READ THIS POST: i tried to be very helpful, i went through this decision myself

heres my advice as someone who sold their wii for a PS3 (i had already bought a 360 prior to selling wii)

do it. your not a casual gamer, at least it would seem you are not. i didnt l ike the wii cause i enjoy games that people actually work on and TRY to make decent. wii has about 4 of those, metroid, zelda, galaxy, and probably something else i cant think of. but none of those games interest me.

i went up to gamestop to trade it in, they said they would only give me $160 for my wii and that i should hang aroudn the store because they get over 100 phone calls a day looking for wiis and at least 20 people come in looking for one. i had it sold within five minutes for 300 bucks (with guitar hero 3) but she backed out so next day i went and sold it even quicker for 260 (with wii play/resi:4/charger station) not a bad price compared to the 160 gs would have offered me. (the accessories wouldve probably gotten me 40-50 bucks trade in, so i really got a better deal)

since then i dont regret it at all. im very happy with my 360/PS3.

Concerning the Xbox 360 Elite:

Biggest ripoff in gaming history. your paying 80 dollars more for an xbox than a PS3 and what do u get to show for it? a large hard drive. i have the 20gb hard drive adn im having trouble filling it up. i have tons of demos and stuff downloaded. it comes with no hd dvd drive or anything like that.

dont waste the money! get a 360 pro package and 2 extra games instead!

just my advice, hope i was helpful.

Raphael986 said:
Ok, 1. Are you insane?
2. If you do by an xbox, it will get busted easily. (unless you put a cooling unit in it.
3. Remember if you do by one you will HAVE to have a high definition tv to go with it! (The reason my dad won't get one for me!)

1. he is not insane, hes a hardcore gamer that doesnt like shitty port games and mini games the wii has, so dont call him insane cause u like playing wii sports and pokemon over COD4 and Halo 3.
2. mine hasnt been "busted" it got the RROD once but was fine ever since, it needed no repairs. 360s now have the 65nm chip/bigger heat sinks and dont get RROD like they used to. only a small percent do now.
3. you dont have to get a hi-def t.v. i own one, and i own a smaller regular T.V. guess wich t.v. i play it on? yup, the smaller one. YOU ARE THE DEFINITION OF A FANBOY NOOB DONT POST LIKE THIS AGAIN thanks.

actually, funny story here..
last night i put my 360 and ps3 and tv and rock band in the basement for a party tonight, and then i threw blankets over everything cause ive got a kitten that LOVES to chew cords. well the dumbshit turned on my xbox 360 by accident cause he was walking all over my stuff, when i woke up and went down to check on my stuff the 360 was as hot as fire from being on and having no ventalation due to the blankets over it. i couldnt even touch it, it was so hot. i about killed him cause i was sure it wouldve overheated but its working just fine.

sorry for the DBL post here guys, i needed to fix what this kid said because it would seem hes trying to get the OP to not sell his wii for a 360 because hes an ill-informed fanboy. it's totally up to the OP wether he wants to or not, but we shouldnt let posts like this influence his decision.
Raphael986 said:
Or you could by the xbox 360 elite (less chance of breaking down)!
dont talk about things you know nothing about.

let me clarify so you dont make a fool out of yourself in the future, pay close attention now.

The xbox 360 no doubt has a hardware failure problem, aka RROD. Any 360s manufactured after November (i beleive it's november) have a 65nm chip/larger heat sinks. this is to help with the RROD issue that has plauged the 360 since it's release.

any xbox manufactured before that date is NOT doomed to hardware failure. mine was purchased in september or early october i beleive (shouldve waited a month, wouldve if i had known) and it's still going strong like the day i bought it.

now, to clear up your confusion on the Elite 360:

they arent any different than a normal 360, it's just got a larger hard drive. the internals are the exact same. so if it was manufacured before that date, then its more likly to get RROD, if it was made after, its less likly. the Elites fail just as often as the original xbox 360s.

Last edited:
Ahahaha Raphael got owned... and I agree he's the type of person who should not speak about other consoles. If you dont own the console you really shouldnt speak about it unless you really do your research.

btw everything SensesFail said was true.

btw, just for the record. I personally think most of the RROD have to do with people who don't understand how the Xbox actually screws up and do not take care of it. With good ventilation and keeping the room at "room temperature" you have a good chance of keeping your Xbox lasting. Some people say their Xbox heats up ALOT, but mine is barely warm and only at the very back near the plug.

T3kNi9e said:
Okay you kind of confused me, so whats your gamertag? I mean actual gamertag

jasonbrabec, but there are literally no games on the profile. I tried getting CoCo a silver but it said there was already an account with that name, and i didnt feel like changing it cuz i had to go to a party. I might change it later, just to show you ive played all those games lol.

Or maybe il just take pics and postem

Hmmm... all accounts that are not gold are silver -.-

Anyway, what does the games ive played have to do with my gamertag blowing?

and wtf, how is CoD2 "mehh" most hardcore CoD4 player who has played CoD2 will say it was the best before CoD4. Btw I am getting CoD4 on saturday.

Btw, so you have The Orange Box on PC? It doesnt suck and if you think it sucks then basically its just YOU and a very small community of Orange Box haters :p Because the average review was like a 9.5/10

Dead Rising I admit is boring, I didnt buy it expecting it to be great. I had $30 to spend so I bought it.

But still, what does any of that have to do with anything? You said

"I think you must spend a lot more time sulking around on a web forum FOR video games than actually playing them"

I only got my 360 back in late august and I have 8 360 games and 6 original Xbox games which ive beaten all except im currently playing Fable. Oh and 5 Wii games which ive finished them all. I even got full achievements on CoD2, Oblivion and Madden 08 and atleast 50% on orange box, mass effect.

T3kNi9e said:
Hmmm... all accounts that are not gold are silver -.-

Anyway, what does the games ive played have to do with my gamertag blowing?

and wtf, how is CoD2 "mehh" most hardcore CoD4 player who has played CoD2 will say it was the best before CoD4. Btw I am getting CoD4 on saturday.

Btw, so you have The Orange Box on PC? It doesnt suck and if you think it sucks then basically its just YOU and a very small community of Orange Box haters :p Because the average review was like a 9.5/10

Dead Rising I admit is boring, I didnt buy it expecting it to be great. I had $30 to spend so I bought it.

But still, what does any of that have to do with anything? You said

"I think you must spend a lot more time sulking around on a web forum FOR video games than actually playing them"

I only got my 360 back in late august and I have 8 360 games and 6 original Xbox games which ive beaten all except im currently playing Fable. Oh and 5 Wii games which ive finished them all. I even got full achievements on CoD2, Oblivion and Madden 08 and atleast 50% on orange box, mass effect.

No, you still have to register the account on live to make it a silver account, which i might do later today if i feel like changing meh name. I never said any of the games were bad, Orgy box was a great game, i just have it for PC so i said meh...

I think COD2 was muy overated

Back