Is jesus God or God's creation

No, no! Jesus is God, not God's creation.

Don't think of him as the Son of God, think of him as God the Son, if that helps.

To quote scripture:

John 1:1-5

Obviously, it depends what religion you are. Christians obviously think of him as the above, but different religions will obviously have varied views.

Yeah, what he said...for once.

No, that doesn't help. Christianity is so confusing sometimes...

No, that doesn't help. Christianity is so confusing sometimes...

that generally happens when you try to look at the whole picture at once, istead of breaking it down.

Think of this. Gods plan is a huge woven tapestry. We're on the backside of it. We look at it and see this huge jumble of knots, strings, and supposed loose ends. We try to figure it out, but from our side, its impossible. But from the otherside, it will be beautiful

Not all of them.

Do some research into the history of the trinity doctrine, particularly the Council of Nicea, which was a few hundred years after Jesus' death. The concept for God and Christ being the same was not there from day 1.

It was hotly debated at the coucil (some say even punches were thrown) where it was adopted as an official church teaching. But not all agreed, and down to this day, not all Christians accept the idea of the trinityy.

Even the New Catholic Encyclopedia admits there was no such teaching by the apostles and that it was adopted later:
"The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective."— New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIV, p. 299.

Of course it was never there from Day 1- Jesus' disciples, understandably, thought of him more like a teacher than a Divine beng.

I understand not all 'Christians' accept the idea of the trinity, but how can they be Christians if they undermine the fundamental belief in Christian theology? You may as well have Muslims who don't believe in Mohammed's existence.

The Gospel of John, a Gospel written arguably for the promotion of Jesus' sameness with God, was written around 50-100 AD and was circulating around some Churches during that time. The trinity may only have become official in he 4th century, but the idea was nothing new.

that generally happens when you try to look at the whole picture at once, istead of breaking it down.

Think of this. Gods plan is a huge woven tapestry. We're on the backside of it. We look at it and see this huge jumble of knots, strings, and supposed loose ends. We try to figure it out, but from our side, its impossible. But from the otherside, it will be beautiful
Not to be all Athiestic or anything, but that analogy could be used to explain why science hasn't come up with the answer to our own origin yet (well, beyond what's already understood). Replace the word God with "The universe" and you'd basically have panthiesm.

Regardless, it's an interesting analogy, but the funny thing about analogies, is that they don't really mean much in all honesty. A hugely woven tapestry could be replaced with a used ball of wool, completely knotted up. The difference would then be the denotations of the object we're using to analogise. The tapestry gives a sense of age, beauty and essentially something that shouldn't be messed with too much. A messy ball of wool on the other hand is annoying, frustrating and essentially something eventually end up throwing away.

But back on topic. Personally, I think people always had and always will have their own takes on religion, whether it be a difference in interpretation or a straight out disbelief of one of the characters in the bible.

No, no! Jesus is God, not God's creation.

Don't think of him as the Son of God, think of him as God the Son, if that helps.

To quote scripture:

John 1:1-5

Obviously, it depends what religion you are. Christians obviously think of him as the above, but different religions will obviously have varied views.

Fantastic answer! do you mind me asking what religion you are?.

God's son

Now in 5-10 seconds everyone will be online dis-agreeing! -_-

EDIT: BTW its just my opinion so don't go shooting me down in flames!!!

if Jesus is God then why do you hang your god on a cross and put the president in the white house. Do you really think that God would die on a cross?

God's son: No. God has no equal nor a partner.

if Jesus is God then why do you hang your god on a cross and put the president in the white house. Do you really think that God would die on a cross?

God's son: No. God has no equal nor a partner.

...What religion are you exactly?

God hangs himself on a cross so everyone doesn't have to go to hell.

Yarly.

This should be locked for plenty of reasons but I'm too lazy to type them =P

Meh... put my point on the table... and for some weird reason you didn't pepper it with ammo *starts wondering why*

Back