Is laying the Wii on it's side safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Because I noticed that there's an extra little fan vent thing on the bottom, and i believe it'd get better circulation if it was on it's side.

Sure it loses it's sexiness from standing up...
But I dunno.

I might if it's safe once I get the online enabled. Don't want the poor thing to overheat!

So, is laying it on it's side safe?

Sexii

Trulen said:
Because I noticed that there's an extra little fan vent thing on the bottom, and i believe it'd get better circulation if it was on it's side.

Sure it loses it's sexiness from standing up...
But I dunno.

I might if it's safe once I get the online enabled. Don't want the poor thing to overheat!

So, is laying it on it's side safe?

It IS a sexy thing when vertical.
lol.

^_^

that makes no sense.....none what so ever to be exact.

The fan you see is by the serial number, and that vent is more exposed to circulation when the wii is on its side because its not covered by the console stand. And even if it was vertical, the console stand has a little whole at the bottom to keep air circulation to that fan.

IF anything you should keep the wii on its side, that way it has optimal air circulation.

i heard on line waiting for my wii that nintendo doesnt recommened putting on its side but that makes no sense cause why would nintendo says something like that aobut there own system

Yep, I agree with dds, it's actually safer to have it horizontal. Not only for the reasons he states, but also because there's no chance of it being knocked over like it can be when vertical, especially when you don't have it on it's stand. Just the other day, I had it vertical at a friend's house without the stand and a couple times it nearly feel over because we were using wired gc controllers to play ssbm and because wii is sooo light, it tips easily.

*EDIT* To the post above, that must have just been a rumor because Wii has one side that is slightly rounded and has little feet on it while the other side is flat, so the rounded side was made that way so it could be put on it's side and still get good airflow. Also, Wii is the most energy-efficient of all the next gen consoles.

Well, now that your question has been answered, I'll close this thread.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back