Is mario a communist?

Shiftfallout

shiftfallout.com
Mar 9, 2007
Hollywood
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9JUNDjVPQ[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGumf9IL3OY[/MEDIA]

This brings up a good point, why is mario taking down the peace flag and putting up a cummunist flag. hmmm? Interesting.. very interesting indeed.
lol

Half Empty said:
People just want to get attention. It's all in their minds :eek:ut:

I kind of think Nintendo did it intentionally for the fun of it and so it'd spark some conversation about the game, kind of like some people put demonic stuff into music CDs when you play them backwards.

As long as he's not putting up a flag with Karl Marx's face or a swatstika centered, then he's OK in my book.

FR. said:
As long as he's not putting up a flag with Karl Marx's face or a swatstika centered, then he's OK in my book.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a section of one of the LoZ game's maps that is in the form of a swastika.

you have to remember, before nintendo was on the map... they were willing to do just about anything. Sex hotels, taxi cab businesses, instant foods, they all failed in them. Who really knows the sercret behind mario, a character that was known as jump man in the arcadic donky kong games. Going from jumpman to mario and the story behind it could very well be based off communism. You have to think of the time period this all takes place in. Who really knows but its interesting when looking into it.

En4Neo said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a section of one of the LoZ game's maps that is in the form of a swastika.

It's true, but it's worth remembering in Japan the swastika doesn't carry the same connotations as in the West.

Napalmbrain said:
It's true, but it's worth remembering in Japan the swastika doesn't carry the same connotations as in the West.

its the backwards swastika you are thinking of. In korean it means something else, flip it around and its the same as the nazi one. So we have to double check which one it is. Dont forget japan was on hitlers side, till they surrendered after the atomic bomb was dropped on them.

Shiftfallout said:
its the backwards swastika you are thinking of. In korean it means something else, flip it around and its the same as the nazi one. So we have to double check which one it is. Dont forget japan was on hitlers side, till they surrendered after the atomic bomb was dropped on them.
If you look at it black and white, it would seem that way. Although the only reason Japan entered the war was because of the US constricting shipping lines into Japan.

Also, more civilians were killed because of the dropping of the bombs than there was at pearl Harbour (which was a military outpost anyway).

Also, I pose a question to you to think about. What is "wrong" with communism?

And don't give me that crap about Lenin, China and Cuba etc... Those were isolated cases whereby the leader said they were "communist" but had their own slant on what it meant. I want a fundamental explanation of the concept of communism as "wrong", rather than how it was implemented. (people seem to forget that there were capitalist leaders who did attrocities the same as communist leaders, just that history doesn't highlight them).

Shiftfallout said:
Fair point.

Squall7 said:
If you look at it black and white, it would seem that way. Although the only reason Japan entered the war was because of the US constricting shipping lines into Japan.

Also, more civilians were killed because of the dropping of the bombs than there was at pearl Harbour (which was a military outpost anyway).

lol where are you getting your history lessons? are colleges teaching wrong things again.. i know exteremist views are taking place in colleges but lets face the facts.

Japan went to war in WW2 because they wanted to expand their territory. They pulled out of the leage of nations in 1933 because of their actions against china, later they were invading korea, china and the islands surrounding the area. The nazi movement allowed them to do what germany was doing, conquering terrories to expand.

Why did we drop the bomb on them? Because they refused to give up. Kamikazi, forcing their young to commit suicide. The last staw was when Japan agreed to go into peace talks. The USA lowered their guard and went into discussion with Japan, but Japan used that as a diversion to launch a sneak attack on pearl harbor during the peace negotiatons. Trickery. The Prez gave the command to end this stupid war. They picked those cities for a reason, it could have been a lot worse if we chose to drop the bombs on kyoto or tokyo. Dont forget how japan treated the POWs, cutting their heads off, making them starve, pushign them in crap and cutting off their manhoods. Oh, you have no idea about history it seems my friend.

Also, I pose a question to you to think about. What is "wrong" with communism?

Its a given. Let me give you a little story, about this time in china. The people were being oppressed, and the chinese college students realised it was time for a change. They peacefully drew up ways to make the country better, that involved getting rid of communism. They gathered in tiananmen square in a democratic fashion, wanting to vote, wanting equality. Guess what the communist did? They killed every single one of those college students to prevent democratic thinking. http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/4/newsid_2496000/2496277.stm
Heres a uk article since i doubt you would trust anything else.

The truth is, communism in the hands of wicked people will always lead to fascism. Practice of it has always lead to dispair so far. It does not allow the strength of an individual to pave the way of life they want, and personally I favor the freedom to make my own choices. In theory it might not look bad, but history has shown a very bloody and sickening reality.

The universities these days need to stop letting crazy ass teachers fill young minds with propaganda and agenda. Its sick.

Shiftfallout said:
Japan went to war in WW2 because they wanted to expand their territory. They pulled out of the leage of nations in 1933 because of their actions against china, later they were invading korea, china and the islands surrounding the area. The nazi movement allowed them to do what germany was doing, conquering terrories to expand.
Yes Japan and Germany were doing the same things that the other European countries, the US and Russia had been doing for centuries, expanding their territories. From what I understand, Japan only began attacking the US because the US was trying to take over Japanese Pacific Ocean territory. Whilst I do not approve of any of the actions the Japanese committed against the Koreans and the Chinese, they were fulfilling a colonial/imperial agenda that European countries had done elsewhere.

Why did we drop the bomb on them? Because they refused to give up. Kamikazi, forcing their young to commit suicide. The last staw was when Japan agreed to go into peace talks. The USA lowered their guard and went into discussion with Japan, but Japan used that as a diversion to launch a sneak attack on pearl harbor during the peace negotiatons. Trickery. The Prez gave the command to end this stupid war. They picked those cities for a reason, it could have been a lot worse if we chose to drop the bombs on kyoto or tokyo. Dont forget how japan treated the POWs, cutting their heads off, making them starve, pushign them in crap and cutting off their manhoods. Oh, you have no idea about history it seems my friend.
Now you're confused. The attack on Pearl Harbour is what brought the US into WW2, it happened relatively near the beginning. Diplomats of the time have noted that near the end of the hostilities between Japan and the US, that when the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that had the US government waited for no more than three months without committing such an action that Japan would have surrendered. And on the whole POW thing, that’s just a cultural misunderstanding. When Western troops would not kill themselves when they faced capture and defeat the Japanese military did not know what to do with them. For the Japanese military powers at the time and in the historic past, if you faced defeat or capture by your enemy, the most honourable thing you could do was to kill yourself before your enemy captured you or killed you themselves.

Apart from the fact that history is often written by the victor, you have failed to mention the fact that during WW2 more European, Russian, South East Asian (Korea, China, Japan) civilians were killed than US civilians by far.

There was no need to drop the bombs that devastated Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing far more people than were ever killed in the attack on Pearl Harbour. Pearl Harbour was a military target, and whilst there were weapon production elements at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, there were far more civilians there than there were at Pearl Harbour. And the civilians are ones that suffered. Might I add that there was an active effort on the part of US officials in the aftermath of the two bombs to actually cover-up the sickness that swept thousands upon thousands at the two sites. It was not until the Cold War was in full swing that your country admitted that radiation sickness existed. Because your country’s officials at the time of the bombings would not admit to its existence thousands of people needlessly died afterwards because they could not be given the right medical treatment. See Wilfred Burchett, ‘The Atomic Plague,’ in Tell Me No Lies, ed. by John Pilger (London: Vintage, 2005) pp. 10-25. I might add that this act of war introduced one of the greatest threats to humanity that still haunts us today. After all, this was the ultimate test run of a weapon that should never have been used, let alone created.

The truth is, communism in the hands of wicked people will always lead to fascism. Practice of it has always lead to dispair so far. It does not allow the strength of an individual to pave the way of life they want, and personally I favor the freedom to make my own choices. In theory it might not look bad, but history has shown a very bloody and sickening reality.

The universities these days need to stop letting crazy ass teachers fill young minds with propaganda and agenda. Its sick.
No, regimes don't turn into fascism when they're in the 'wrong' hands, they turn into totalitarian regimes. The examples of fascism and communism that have been placed throughout the last century were totalitarian regimes. What nation states need to avoid is becoming a dictatorship with a totalitarian system of power. Whether that system is left or right does not matter because the results on individuals are always the same.

En4Neo said:
kind of like some people put demonic stuff into music CDs when you play them backwards.

that makes me think of "little nicky" where they play chicago backwards and its some kind of satan talk LMAO

Back